Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I’m planning to build a triaxial skull. I’d watched videos about assembling 3-axis movement kits from Twisty (no longer in business) and from Monster Guts (currently out of stock)... and they all refer to “Lindberg skulls”. These skulls look relatively light, and they seem to be popular choices for haunters.

After searching for these skull models I’m getting the sense that they’re out of production. Does anyone know of a robust source?

Thanks!

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,447 Posts
Try doing a search using Lindberg pirate skull. I just did and found a few places that had them for sale. No idea if they have them in stock. I think Lindberg went out of business, I have 4 that I bought a few years ago and it was difficult to find those. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good luck I'm not sure what we are going to do. I have used a skull from www.skeletonsandmore.com But they are heavy. They work well for jaw only but you will have to bump up the servos for 3 axis movement. Monster Guts has not removed the kit from their website yet so maybe they are working on a replacement.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
J-Man, I apologize for not responding earlier to your offer to sell your Lindberg pirate skull. I recently bought a couple of alternative skulls. Though I suspect they’re heavier than yours, I can’t justify buying a third at the moment.

I suspect that “NIB” in your message stands for “New In Box.” Does “PM” stand for “Private Message”?

Thanks, and good luck to us all in finding the cool Halloween stuff we need. : )

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Hey no problem. Yes, NIB is new in box and PM is private message. Just a bit of info on 3-Axis builds, a heavier skull is not much of a problem for PAN or TILT but NOD (up/down) is an issue. 3-Axis skulls by design are always nose heavy and the skull will fall forward when not powered up, the heavier the skull, the worse that problem becomes. Try to incorporate some type of counter spring on the NOD mech so the servo load is minimal. Good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info and great tips, J-Man. I’ll definitely look into hiding a spring along the “nod” axis. I also bought a small linear servo to play with. It’s slower than a conventional servo, but it should resist gravity.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
You'll need a beefy servo for the NOD, a small servo won't cut it, even with a counter spring.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I emailed monsterguts.com regarding their 3-Axis Skull Kit. Kat gave me permission to post her reply:

“The current 3-axis is discontinued as Lindberg skulls have been discontinued. We are currently working on creating a new prototype of our own skull with a new kit package.I don't have an ETA at the moment for the release date.”

1 - 11 of 11 Posts