Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
Kind of cute, but too bad the mouth doesn't move.

·
Spooky Express
659 Posts
I agree with Garthgoyle. This is definitely at the top of my list for their props this year, but I was really hoping for a voice less like a little kid's when I first saw it. I like the original Pumpkin Nester's loud, mocking voice better than his. I do wonder how big he actually is, though.

·
Look behind you
1,316 Posts
Cool prop, but bad voice actor. I have the original and he still cracks me up.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I thought it was pretty cute too till I heard the voice. The echoing little boy voice really ruined it. You've got to wonder who's in charge of the decisions for sound on so many of these props. Why is it the first thing you think about when you see a lot of the newer props is how can I shut them up.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I liked the pumpkin scarecrow on the swing that they had last year much better. It has like a leprechaun type of voice and told jokes.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,397 Posts
For some reason the voice reminds me of Charlie Brown.
YES!!

I liked the one from last year better. It's mouth moved along with the dialogue which made it much cooler. It also didn't have Charlie Brown's voice.

My new rule is if the thing speaks the mouth has to move for me to even consider purchasing it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
This has got to be one of those props that the designers just didn't know what to do with. That pumpkin head and voice "totally" do not belong together. It's a cool little prop on its own. But if they either changed out the head for something more "creepy" and "childlike," or changed the voice to something deeper, dark and sinister. This prop would be great! As it is...it will be a pass from me. And I'm sure a "pass" for many other haunters.

To bad because it "could" be a real treat!

~Cheers!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have to say i really like this prop, but i do agree with everyone on here that the voice on it is very bad and they could have had another voice actor do it

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
While we're talking about voices/sounds/background music, has anyone noticed that the props always sound a lot better in the videos than they do in the stores? When you hear it in person it always has that tinny mechanical sound to it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts