Halloween Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,425 Posts
Notice to my Reaper: I asked for two, small Lemax Spookytown figurines:
*One was a cauldron that has brooms in it, an owl on it and a cat next to it.
*The other was a set of three little owls in costumes.

I just bought the *three costumed owls one, so I only need the *cauldron with brooms/owl/cat one. Bethene will probably PM you this, in case you don't see this, lol. I just wanted to let you know in case you were planning on finding me those...if not, disregard this message, lol!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Likes: Universal horror (Frankenstein/Bride of Frankenstein, Invisible man, and Creature from the Black Lagoon being my favorites) as well as generic monsters obviously inspired by them, Monster Squad, Trick 'R Treat, mad scientists, things with a more retro Halloween feel to them.

Most of my Halloween items follows a Frankenstein/mad scientist theme so anything that would go well in a laboratory display.

Besides that a few things that I like collecting during the Halloween include enamel pins, drinkware, figurines, and other smaller items.

Also I have been looking for small (roughly 4 inch tall) poseable skeletons so that is another idea.

If you prefer homemade gifts that is also perfectly fine with me (I have pretty broad interests so it shouldn't be too hard to please me).

Dislikes: No food and no movies (I'm picky about what format I get my movies in). Honestly those are the only things I really wouldn't want.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here is where to post your lists of your likes and dislikes. Once again PLEASE we need details!! You really can't have too many. Please don't just say I love Halloween... we all do... after all we are on a Halloween forum..LOL;)!! Examples: any colors you either prefer... or really don't like. Do you like glitter and sparkle or hate it? If you need something for a cemetery... lighting, zombies, ghosts, skellys, skulls, random bones... etc. If you need more inspiration, look up past lists and take a peek. There are a few folks who do a exceptional job at their list!

That being said... do your best and don't stress about it!! It will all work out in the end! Most of all... Have fun!!!
[/QUOT
I don’t like gore. Bloody decor... love ghosts, skeletons, gothic

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just realised I forgot to post this here!

I can't express enough how much I will honestly love anything that is sent my way, so please don’t stress!

Movies I love: Addams Family, Hocus Pocus, Practical Magic, Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow, The Crow
Things I like to do: escape rooms (especially the creepy themed variety), I also love to play pinball and obviously love the spooky themed ones the most ;) (Monster Bash, Elvira, Addams Family, Freddy, Creature etc…)

I love pretty much everything Halloween related, so it’s hard to make the list - but here we go (in no particular order):

Creepy cloth
Frankenstein
Christine McConnell
Witches
Spell books
Crystal Ball
Ouija
Halloween throw pillows
Books (witchcraft/wicca/crystal related)
Broom sticks
Skulls
Skeletons
Halloween related scrapbooking supplies. (I only scrapbook Halloween photo’s 😅)
Gore is fine
Ghosts
Creepy flowers
Tombstones
Candles(flameless only)
Halloween lights
Hanging props
Tarot cards
Crystal ball
Neon
Basically anything from Target if you’re in the USA… (we don’t have Target in Canada anymore. :( )
Vampires
Halloween tea towels
Anything homemade is welcome.
Indoor/outdoor (keep in mind i’m from Canada and there’s typically snow falling on the big night)

Don’t love/need:
Clowns
Anything too cutesy (Although I do have a 5 year old son who is currently counting down the days until the Spirit Halloween near us opens… so i’m thinking he would love anything “too cutesy” that might be involved.
Snakes
Zombie babies

Link to pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.ca/kerimonster/

·
Registered
74 Posts
WhooooHoooo - I got my victim!!

So if I am your victim I have already posted but just a couple of extras that I have thought of and maybe easier for you if you have the items already or find in a thrift store !!

• Socks / Pajama bottoms (med - large)
  • LITERALLY anything with the word SPOOKY on
  • Scarves or blanket
  • Coin purse / wallet
  • any Halloween style Bull Terrier plushy or picture or postcard (think Bullseye / Spuds McKenzie)
  • Sleepy Hollow memorabilia (film or from the actual place)
  • Garlands / Banners / Tinsel
also just noticed on someone else list - please do not send me any hanging / suicide stuff (lost a dear friend to suicide :( )

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
381 Posts
To my Reaper... One thing I did not put in my original message is I do collect some of the Spooky town items, buildings and figures. They tend to focus around drinking, I got the bars, breweries and wineries. just a suggestion if you are struggling. I'm new to this and not sure about things. If it is Halloween, I'll love it. I'll be getting my stuff out in the next few days so I'll try to put it up in a showcase.

To Victims:? Do you tend to prefer several smaller items or a collection, or that one bigger cool item?

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,425 Posts
To Victims:? Do you tend to prefer several smaller items or a collection, or that one bigger cool item?
I think I'd be cool with any of those options, personally. Having more than one gift to find in the box/open is a little more fun, though. (But if that one, single big item was something I really wanted and was really cool, then that would be cool, too!) I'm happy with whatever my Reaper decides to do!

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
381 Posts
Looking over what everyone has posted here, I feel I've left my Reaper guessing. So I'll try and expand my wish list here. (if I'm being stalked, you are very stealthy)

I like the spooky and scary but not the gory.
I love classic monster movies but not modern horror films.
like the classic literature behind the monster movies, Frankenstein, Dracula, Dorian Gray, etc...
I'm big into Skulls and Skeletons.
Just moved to a new (smaller) house, not doing any indoor decor this year.
Expanding the outdoor, Focusing on Graveyard and Scarecrows.
I also love using Black lights and Neon/Glow in dark items.
A Hot Glue Web shooter would be awesome.
I have a long white fence backdrop, so some projection/motion lighting would be cool there.
Building a lot of Fencing and a Cemetery arch, so signing to hang on it would work.
I run 5 fog machines and have coolers for 3 of them, Like the Chiller bucket or foam cooler chiller
I don't have much animation but would love to work in some
Young Frankenstein is my favorite Halloween movie, Nightmare Before Christmas is close 2nd.
I do a lot of Pumpkin Carving, have not done funkins (yet)
I do have limited storage right now.
I have a Lemax Spooky town collection, a little random but focusing on Drinking (Bars/Breweries/winery) See my showcase.
a fake fire setup for my Cauldron(s) is something I've never figured out.
Thinking about a Werewolf theme for next year
Most of my props are home-made, so no problem with hand-crafted stuff
Did I mention I'm big into Skulls and Skeletons ;)
I'm a big guy, love shirts with Skulls and Skeletons on them... 3X (almost down to 2x)
only have one coffin, would like more, but limited storage :(
No little kids living at my house anymore

Hope that Sheds some black-light on the subject.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Love reading people's lists!
I agree with WitchyKitty.. it's nice to have a few things to open but a single bigger item is awesome too.. I think most people are just happy to receive any items that their reaper has put time and effort in to picking/making with their victim in mind.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Here’s my Pinterest board:
Hopefully it can give you some ideas.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts
About this Discussion
129 Replies
65 Participants
HauntedDiva
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing