Halloween Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
Hi all,
This is my 1st reap. So here it goes.
Halloween is my holiday, my thing. I like Christmas. It's just not as big of a thing that it used to be. Christmas was always at our house. Then the kids families grow & they start their own traditions. And I've had to do less. I get invited now. So decorating is minimal. I do cards and bake, etc. Love that kinda stuff. So I really don't need/want anything Christmas stuff.
Now Halloween is a whole different thing for me. Halloween parties were always at my house as well. But I decorate the whole house! Linens, curtains, dishes, etc. When we have parties here the outside transforms as well. Were in the country so nobody really sees it unless there is a party. So I keep the decorations to the inside. After 43 years of collecting.... let's just say its alot of stuff. So I don't need much but you know there's always something that you've always wanted and still don't have.
Likes.
I'm still adding smalls to my china cabinet. And some of my favorite things have came from Goodwill!
I love the Munsters.
Haunted houses, metal.
Cemetery scenes, headstones, lamp posts, black cats, gothic candle holders. Fringed black lace dresser scarfs, fringed lamp shade covers. Small glass, clay, metal, ceramic, not plastic miniatures, but not the real small. More on ornament size. Witches, Frankenstein, Dracula, skeletons, dancing skeletons, etc. Candles vanilla, just vanilla. Colors, black, orange and my favorite color purple. I lost my tarot cards in a rummage sale mishap, so I've wanted to replace them. I'm still mad about it and it was 2 years ago! Lol I've always wanted a real crystal ball. I know they are pricey, that's why I don't have one. Lol but hey if you happen to have an extra one your not using .....
Dislikes

Pentagrams
Blood & gore
Cute plastic tacky
Clowns
Creepy dolls
Ouija board
Black candles
Voodoo, hoo doo
Anything satanic
pinky purple
Snakes
Just anything gross in general. Blood, guts, gore.

That's it, I hope this gives you a good idea.
So looking forward to getting my name. Thanks Valerie
Dislikes continued. Day of the dead deco. Trying to figure out how to post a pinterest link here. Hum......:unsure:

Registered
Hi all,
This is my 1st reap. So here it goes.
Halloween is my holiday, my thing. I like Christmas. It's just not as big of a thing that it used to be. Christmas was always at our house. Then the kids families grow & they start their own traditions. And I've had to do less. I get invited now. So decorating is minimal. I do cards and bake, etc. Love that kinda stuff. So I really don't need/want anything Christmas stuff.
Now Halloween is a whole different thing for me. Halloween parties were always at my house as well. But I decorate the whole house! Linens, curtains, dishes, etc. When we have parties here the outside transforms as well. Were in the country so nobody really sees it unless there is a party. So I keep the decorations to the inside. After 43 years of collecting.... let's just say its alot of stuff. So I don't need much but you know there's always something that you've always wanted and still don't have.
Likes.
I'm still adding smalls to my china cabinet. And some of my favorite things have came from Goodwill!
I love the Munsters.
Haunted houses, metal.
Cemetery scenes, headstones, lamp posts, black cats, gothic candle holders. Fringed black lace dresser scarfs, fringed lamp shade covers. Small glass, clay, metal, ceramic, not plastic miniatures, but not the real small. More on ornament size. Witches, Frankenstein, Dracula, skeletons, dancing skeletons, etc. Candles vanilla, just vanilla. Colors, black, orange and my favorite color purple. I lost my tarot cards in a rummage sale mishap, so I've wanted to replace them. I'm still mad about it and it was 2 years ago! Lol I've always wanted a real crystal ball. I know they are pricey, that's why I don't have one. Lol but hey if you happen to have an extra one your not using .....
Dislikes

Pentagrams
Blood & gore
Cute plastic tacky
Clowns
Creepy dolls
Ouija board
Black candles
Voodoo, hoo doo
Anything satanic
pinky purple
Snakes
Just anything gross in general. Blood, guts, gore.

That's it, I hope this gives you a good idea.
So looking forward to getting my name. Thanks Valerie
Forgot to mention that I K8VE THE MOON 1/4 , 1/2 full. I don't know what the attraction is. I was born under a full moon. I have a moon collection. Mirrors, wall hangings, there's even one hanging from my bedroom ceiling! No mean ugly moons though.

Registered
Ok, I've finally gotten around to making my list. Here it goes....

Likes : Thanks reaper for anything you send !! I like to keep my Halloween and Christmas separate. I don't mix the two. I like Christmas almost as much as Halloween . The only exceptions are krampus and Nightmare Before Christmas , which some people could see as the dark side of Christmas but I love those two things, especially Krampus.

I am doing a whole new theme for Christmas this year, different colors everything. My tree colors will be a cranberry ( wine sort of ) and a gold. With a slight twist of Harry Potter. I'm not putting Harry Potter stuff all over the tree, just little touches here and there. Owls, Golden Snitches, maybe little deathly hallows symbols ( don't have any of these) things that will blend in. stars and moons would be cool too.

Harry Potter was our original theme, my daughter wanted to do but I'm a stickler for traditional Christmas so I'm finding it hard to go all out HP BUT I love Harry Potter and would love anything HP. Ornaments, Deathly Hallows wreath, things like that.

I also love Krampus at Chrismas. I'm makig a small 3-4 ft Krampus tree and need some ornaments for that, bought, homemade anything. I have very few so anything is appreciated. Not just ornaments, I love Krampus dolls, kitchy things, books, stickers, wrapping paper, if its krampus I want it .

I also love a Nordic, Scandinavian, German, Old World look to Christmas. Love old word Santa's, would love a Yule Goat, love just about anything that has that sort of look. Natural greenery, mistletoe , berries, juniper , pine. Love the little wooden dolls , gnomes, santa, little kids ect. that have that look.
I collect the cute little gnomes.

Love real witchy stuff, book, herbs, stones , anything like that is great.
Pagan Yule related items are great. I love the idea of the old ways, traditions, nature ect.

Grinch, I love the Grinch, whoville
A Christmas Carol, especially Scrooge and the Ghosts

I collect Funko Pops, I have tons but I will pin some I don't have .
Candy in small doses is ok, just not a lot of it

I also love to do tiered trays or just regular tray displays. So I love small items, signs ect that fit on a tray. I have a board on pinterest about tiered tray/rae dunn that gives some ideas if you aren't familiar.
Even use small ornaments on them, buildings, animals, small trees, small signs with cute sayings. I have the little marshmallow mugs that can always use hats. Anything cute and small for any season or reason.. I don't just do holidays. Would love stuff with bees or honey, summer, fourth of july, icecream, lemonade, halloween, thanksgiving, valentines, cactus or southwest, just about anything really.

Dislikes :
Don't really need much for Halloween , if you have something you want to send its great though
Regular Santa, I prefer the Old World look , not the kid Red Red suit one
Red and Green
Silver
Religious things, I always hate adding that but I don't mean it disrespectfully. I just don't use Angels, Nativity crosses ect.
wall hangings or art, just don't have the room

My list is probably difficult , I have a Pinterest board where I pin pictures to help give ideas of what I'm talking about. I know a lot of people would be like "what the hell is a deathly hallows ? " or a Yule goat , so I think its easier if the victim gives some visuals. I have old Merry Reaper boards , obviously this one is labeled 2019 lol
Pinterest Link : Pinterest Link
https://www.pinterest.com/agreg1013/

21 - 24 of 24 Posts