Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Reaper Queen
8,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here's my lists:

Christmas: I am a ornament hoarder. Can't resist a sparkly glass or plastic ornament. Especially Shiny Bright style., vintage style (40-50's type). I collect Snowmen: ornaments, knick knacks, dolls etc. I like a Victorian Christmas.
Christmas art work. Wall Hangings, table runners etc. Kitchen and chand towels , pot holders.
Christmas or Halloween themed adult coloring books.
I collect anything wicked witch of the west in all her forms!!! Witch dolls and knick knacks.
Adult female porcelain dolls. Also tiny porcelain dolls... Fabric for Character dolls ( velvet, satin, taffeta, tulle, etc) ( think wtich, fairy, gothic, warrior, goddess, steampunk, characters etc) . Thin trims and lace to accents to the dolls, very tiny buttons. Small items for the characters to use. Bow and arrows, swords, crystal balls. broom sticks, cauldrons, chairs for them to sit in. small dressers, chests, shelves etc.

Vintage doll clothes patterns for 18- 25 inch dolls, ( Victorian type, or turn of the century, would love one with a very full skirt)

for Halloween I have a small cemetery. any hanging ghoul type character...any ground breaker...etc... large spiders..etc.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/shadowpantherbl/

I KEEP UPDATING MY PINTEREST SO CHECK BACK NOW AND AGAIN

***for Christmas I like cute things, especially moose and reindeer. My Pinterest does have merry reaper ideas

DISLIKES
upside down pentagrams
carnival

I like tastefully gory (not sick gory)

Colors I like: Green, blue, red, purple, black, grey, burnt orange

mild glitter okay

Bones
skeletons (human or animal-NO CAT)
cemetery items-candles, moss, owls-anything that can be used on or in a cemetery
fall looking or black flowers
spiders
Victorian/gothic items
vultures-bone or featured
Animals/Insects-bats, frogs, snakes, bugs
wigs
body parts/organs
Mad Lab- plasma ball or disk, Frankenstein mask, beakers, test tubes, specimen jars, lab equipment
Medical-embalming, medical tools, medical posters, doctors bag
urns
gargoyles
alien related-bodies, masks etc
Egyptian related
Witch- plain bottles, black cat (NO skeleton), potion bottles-eye of newt-bat wings-bones etc, witch masks, mortar and pestle, witch clothes, shoes
wall art-Halloween related
Fortune teller- zodiac material (Scorpio especially), beaded curtains (think 60’s-lol), clothes, tarot, crystal ball
unique picture frames
gothic/medieval looking items, Gothic candle holders/candelabras/chandeliers
old keys and locks
masks
music sounds-like bubbling, wolves, wind ect.
voodoo- shrunken heads, voodoo dolls, voodoo stick, foliage, tiki masks etc
old rotary phone-victorianish style
Spanish moss
door knockers
painted sign-general or themed or with "Shadow World Haunt-Haunting the world one nightmare at a time"
mini tabletop tombstones 3"-6"
ornate pic frames (Victorian or Gothic nature) 8x10 or 5x7
bone cameo's 8x10 or 5x7
mummy
coiled bottom and elongated standing cobra (like it would sit in a basket and coming out)
victorian clothing
primative stuffed black cat
animated props
ravens
fire effects
hotel related(keys, key rack, luggage)
"coffin" curtains in black, grey, red or purple
hanging spider cocoons
mantle/table clothes (lace with webs or skulls)
vintage funeral
pirate- treasure, coins
scarecrow mask
anything that can be used to decorate inside the home

anything that can be re-purposed (candle stick holders metal or wood, candle stands, old plant stands, trays, etc.) You never know what you can come up with using other things. Example I just tore apart an old lamp and am turning it into a lantern and a candlestick holder and the rest not sure yet. Metal stands, mesh trash cans anything that can be re-imagined.

I like lots of things and odd works for me too. I am not picky other than dislikes. I do a lot of shopping at Goodwill and second hand stores. I can use anything in any theme except carnival. That theme just creeps me out for some reason-lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
First time joining. While the calendar will change, I celebrate Halloween. And only Halloween. I don't collect anything other than things for Halloween decorating outside.

Spiders---fuzzy ones (the fake kind--please don't send real spiders; I'd freak out)
Skeletons
Hanging props
Spider webs

Dislikes:
WItches (won't fit decor)
Pirates (won't fit)
Zombies (won't fit)
Clowns (won't fit)

And whoever receives from me will not be homemade. I work too many hours and have zero crafting skills and would be embarrassed to give something that wouldn't meet my standards.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,441 Posts
In general I like vintage/vintage repro anything, Halloween, Christmas, any holiday stuff that's vintagey no matter what the holiday.

I also love getting ornaments of any kind so every year when we do the tree I can say "Oh so & so gave us this one!" I do have a Halloween tree so those Halloween ornaments are appreciated too.

For Halloween:
-I love JOLs/pumpkins of all kinds.
-I love Universal's Frankenstein & The Creature, but I'm a bigger fan of Hammer horror, LOVE Christopher Lee, Cushing & Price.
-I collect blow molds so anything blow mold related (stickers, jewelry, art, etc.) is good.
-I don't NEED any Halloween jewelry but I LOVE it (especially pins & earrings, though no bracelets, they're just not my thing).
-I have a small Ben Cooper/Collegeville collection so anything related to those masks or costumes, from jewelry, stickers, magnets, etc.

For Christmas:
-I've become quite fond of snowmen, snowladies, snowkids, snowfamilies, etc., the vintagey the better.
-I collect belsnickels too, but very specific looking ones that look like this. The tree has to be on his right side. I have a VERY old one from the turn of the century that was my great-grandmother's & I collect ones to match him or any other ephemera related to them.

-I also have an odd fondness for "ugly" Christmas decorations. If you look at it & think "ohmygawdthat's awful" I'd probably like it. I don't mean intentionally ugly or creepy Christmas stuff like zombified Santas or Krampus, I mean stuff that isn't supposed to be creepy or scary yet it is. Like these sort of horrific things I found on Etsy & may have to buy just cuz, especially that last one, yipes!!

Dislikes for Halloween:
Too much gore or glitter, clowns, not a big witchy fan.

Dislikes for Christmas:
I HATE those stupid red trucks, nothing "natural" looking, like no burlap, pine cones, etc., nothing "country" related. I don't do a tastefully red & green Christmas. The tackier the better! I even still put up my aluminum Christmas tree with original color wheel that was given to me as a kid in the late 60s/early 70s. If you look at my Christmas tree & see an empty spot, well then I've not done my decorating job properly! If you can't see my tree from space then it needs more lights!!

But in the end, even if you don't find or make ANYTHING on this list, for me it's about just sending & receiving the stuff to people that enjoy the holidays. I mean who doesn't love getting mail?!?

1,187 Posts
Thank you reaper ahead of time for your thoughts and efforts on our behalf.

Second hand, homemade or new are all welcome... But we love seeing our reaper's creative side.

We don't do a much in the way of Christmas here. Halloween has always been our thing. We now do a Creepmas tree and have some Creepmas / Krampus type ornaments but we could use more. Creepy ribbon, bows or garland to add to the tree.

Already have next year's Halloween theme. Yep we've been talked into hosting the second Halloween Camp Out and Potluck. Theme will be a funeral parlor / cemetery. With a side of Witches. So "dark, spooky, sinister" wreaths, flowers, headstones, electric/battery lights. Wind chimes, creepier the better. I already had LOTS of bottles but if you have some great labels to pass on to add to MY bottles that's great. Witchy type items, beside potion bottles, that she might keep in her kitchen would be great.

We're hosting a Krampus meet and greet Dec 8. Early reap senders might include Krampus things. Later Shippers might consider Friday the 13th items for a Meet and Greet lunch we're planning for March, 13, 2020.

The always love list includes -
Never have enough glow in the dark paints
Bones, skulls and skellies – human, animal, mythical -
Tombstones, iron crosses… Heck anything for our little Knothereyet Cemetery

I do all the forum card exchanges so stickers to add to envelopes for Halloween, Krampus, Vampy Valentine, Walpurgis formally - Rotten Easter Eggs and a Red, White and Dead 4th of July

Would really LOVE a Krampus ink stamp if you happen to come across one

LOVE those chocolate orange balls, Lintz chocolates, mint flavored hot cocoa, Heck almost any kind of chocolate mint.
YUMMM on homemade chocolate chip cookies or cheesy popcorn
Herbal teas YUM Flavored honeys MORE YUM

Essential oils - eucalyptus, lavender, cedar, lemon.

Frog and I are into Geocaching (geocaching.com) So small waterproof containers we can use are always needed. Examples - food storage containers like tupperware or rubbermaid, plastic thermoses, ammo boxes.

I do my gardens up with Gargoyles, zombies, elves, gnomes and trolls plus a few Dragons Mini versions work great in my hanging baskets. It's early to think about this but gardening seeds for plants good to grow in the PNW... think shady and cool.

Our Great Dane babies Millie and Riggs LOVE cheap rope toys Millie likes to make 4 inch string out of them and Riggs likes teasing MIllie with them till she plays tuggy, then she takes them to make 4 inch strings. Both LOVE pumpkin treats well any kind of treat.

Been on the lookout for a skull tea pot and cup set. An Alien Jello mold. A Krampus ink stamp.

Want a Halloween set of bed sheets we can use for a full size bed we'll add to our hearse. Looking for black crows/birds to add to the hearse's exterior. Large spiders too.

Collecting up the singing/talking animated stuffed toys you know like the gorilla that sings loves songs or the hamsters that sing and dance... plan on using the motors to make small moving creatures for my cages

Don’t need or dislikes
Limited glitter where appropriate
NO BLACK candles… I have a real phobia about them
No Pirates
No Disney, Charlie Brown cutesy Halloween
Not into the horror film or TV merchandise
Currently I don’t need potion bottles
While blow molds and inflatables have their place not so much with me, UNLESS you happen to have a Gargoyle one laying around or a little green alien.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,441 Posts
RCIAG, none of your pictures are showing up for me and I'm dying to see what you consider ugly Christmas !!
All of them are from Etsy:

I actually did buy the last one. I was compelled to once I saw it!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi all this is my list :

No particular theme, nor a party planned just for personal enjoyment for our home
(One extra tho - if I'm matched with someone from the States I would love a little item of Bullseye the Target Store mascot -
but that's not a necessity, any Bull Terrier plushy or picture or postcard (think Bullseye / Spuds McKenzie))

Our crimbo tree is always Halloween themed, a few Halloween ornaments, but who doesn't want more ? Our tree is black and the tinsel is Halloween tinsel, orange black purple - this year we may go for orange fairy lights.

loves
Anything with the word Spooky on
Pumpkins - pics, cards, ornaments, decorations, etc
Bats - pics, cards, ornaments, decorations, etc
Robins (Red breasted bird ) pics, cards, ornaments, decorations, etc
Colours - orange, black white & purple
Tim Burton dogs - mainly Frankenweenie and Zero
Vintage and Retro Christmas
Glitters, sparkles, sequins, confetti, tinsel
Vintage signs, stickers, papers, decorations
Imps, pixies, goblins, elves, gremlins, gargoyles
Socks / Pajama bottoms (med - large)
LITERALLY anything with the word SPOOKY on
Scarves or blanket
Sleepy Hollow memorabilia (film or from the actual place)
Quirky ornaments
cinnamon gum - we don't have enough of it here in the UK
Krampus

Films - Elf, Muppets Christmas Carol, Gremlins!
Garlands / Banners
Snowmen - cute or classic
Christmas Tress - cute or classic
Gingerbread men (peoples??) - cute or classic
Vintage / Retro Santa
Crackers - Cracker jokes

dislikes
Turkeys
Female Santas
Mince Pies
Zombies
Slasher horror movie characters (apart from Gremlins)
Witches Clowns / carnival
Blood / Gore
Mummies / Masks / Harry Potter / Pirates

(please do not send me any hanging / suicide stuff (lost a dear friend to suicide :( )

·
Registered
107 Posts
In general I like vintage/vintage repro anything, Halloween, Christmas, any holiday stuff that's vintagey no matter what the holiday.

I also love getting ornaments of any kind so every year when we do the tree I can say "Oh so & so gave us this one!" I do have a Halloween tree so those Halloween ornaments are appreciated too.

For Halloween:
-I love JOLs/pumpkins of all kinds.
-I love Universal's Frankenstein & The Creature, but I'm a bigger fan of Hammer horror, LOVE Christopher Lee, Cushing & Price.
-I collect blow molds so anything blow mold related (stickers, jewelry, art, etc.) is good.
-I don't NEED any Halloween jewelry but I LOVE it (especially pins & earrings, though no bracelets, they're just not my thing).
-I have a small Ben Cooper/Collegeville collection so anything related to those masks or costumes, from jewelry, stickers, magnets, etc.

For Christmas:
-I've become quite fond of snowmen, snowladies, snowkids, snowfamilies, etc., the vintagey the better.
-I collect belsnickels too, but very specific looking ones that look like this. The tree has to be on his right side. I have a VERY old one from the turn of the century that was my great-grandmother's & I collect ones to match him or any other ephemera related to them.

-I also have an odd fondness for "ugly" Christmas decorations. If you look at it & think "ohmygawdthat's awful" I'd probably like it. I don't mean intentionally ugly or creepy Christmas stuff like zombified Santas or Krampus, I mean stuff that isn't supposed to be creepy or scary yet it is. Like these sort of horrific things I found on Etsy & may have to buy just cuz, especially that last one, yipes!!

Dislikes for Halloween:
Too much gore or glitter, clowns, not a big witchy fan.

Dislikes for Christmas:
I HATE those stupid red trucks, nothing "natural" looking, like no burlap, pine cones, etc., nothing "country" related. I don't do a tastefully red & green Christmas. The tackier the better! I even still put up my aluminum Christmas tree with original color wheel that was given to me as a kid in the late 60s/early 70s. If you look at my Christmas tree & see an empty spot, well then I've not done my decorating job properly! If you can't see my tree from space then it needs more lights!!

But in the end, even if you don't find or make ANYTHING on this list, for me it's about just sending & receiving the stuff to people that enjoy the holidays. I mean who doesn't love getting mail?!?
Yep, none of the pictures will open.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello everyone! I am very excited to participate in this year's Merry Reaper -- it will be my first!

I created a Pinterest so you can see my style/get ideas: https://www.pinterest.com/frightnightfanatic/boards/

My likes:
I am OBSESSED with Black and White Buffalo Check!
I'd love some fillers for my tiered tray, for winter I do a Hot Cocoa and Cookies theme but any time of the year items would be great!
I am a huge crafter and my latest obsession has been faux leather jewelry...so if you have/find some faux leather sheets especially ones that are small print animal themed (paws, dogs, cats, foxes, hedgehogs, bunnies etc) that would be awesome.

For Halloween next year, I am planning an asylum theme so anything and everything that would fit into the theme would be amazing! Here are some ideas:
Tools that look like they could be creepy old medical tools (I have lots of syringes and blood bags though, so don’t need those)
Hospital Gowns, Scrubs, lab coats
Creepy face masks that could be a crazy person
Straight jacket
Medical supplies: gauze, bandages, tongue depressors, bed pan, sharps container
Specimen Jars
Pill bottles
Body Parts
Strobe Lights
I’d also like to give prop animation a stab, so prop motors (windshield wiper motor or Christmas deer motor) would be excellent!

Dislikes:
Ornaments --- it's not that I actually dislike them, I just already have way too many!
Anything with religious references.
No leather, antlers, fur or anything that came from an animal.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thank you so much in advance dear reaper! :)

Christmas Likes:
-Shiny, Glittery, Red & Green Decorations
-Snowflakes
-Bumble the Abominable Snowman (love him! haha)
-Any gingerbread decor
-Baked Goods/Christmas Candy
-Santa (any kind of Santa decor)
-A Christmas Story
-Christmas wreath for my door
-Hot Chocolate
-Throw Blanket
-Christmas throw pillows
-Elf (the movie, love anything to do with it, have the dvd already)
-Any kind of decorations for my Christmas Cookies (sprinkles, candies, etc.)
-Any kind of Christmas signs -chalkboard, paper, anything!
-Any kind of Christmas lights/decorations for outside welcome as well!
-Love anything handmade too!
-Christmas adult coloring books

Halloween Likes
-Hocus Pocus
-DIsney Villians
-The Haunted Mansion
-Hitchhiking ghosts

I decorate for Christmas as much as I do for Halloween! On Christmas Eve I have a big party with family and friends at my house. A few days before Christmas some of my family and friends come over to bake and decorate cookies all night - so anything is welcome for that! I love anything Christmas - and glitter is great! haha!

I also made a Winter Likes list on my pinterest and have a christmas board and other boards too :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thank you so much in advance Reaper, I appreciate the time you will be putting in for me. For me Christmas is Christmas all the way, I do not do Halloween on Christmas, I think about Halloween almost all year around so at the end of the year I give myself a break…LOL

My Christmas style is natural, simple with pops of color, not quite Nordic or Scandinavian but close. I have included my pinterest and it will let you know exactly what I mean and give you lots of ideas of what I am into, if you need it. https://www.pinterest.com/halloweengirl7/christmas/

Need-

-Front door wreath

-Tin houses does not have to be able to hold a candle (see pinterest page)

-A board to put all my Christmas cards on (see pinterest page)

-Any size pewter picture frame

-Last year my reaper gave me mini star lights and I love them, would love more

-Christmas books, can be vintage, new, children or if you have a favorite to send

-The soda can signing choir (see pinterest page)

-Christmas Moose

-Old world santa

Likes-

-Hot Chocolate

-Tea, I like to try new kinds if you have a fav send it my way

-Ferrero Rocher (LOVE)

In fact if you are all shopped and crafted out with all the other things you will be doing you can send all Ferrero Rocher, I will not complain….LOL

Dislikes

-Super bright neon Christmas décor

-Red trucks

There are nothing wrong with these things I used to love them and I just got burned out on them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi all,
This is my 1st reap. So here it goes.
Halloween is my holiday, my thing. I like Christmas. It's just not as big of a thing that it used to be. Christmas was always at our house. Then the kids families grow & they start their own traditions. And I've had to do less. I get invited now. So decorating is minimal. I do cards and bake, etc. Love that kinda stuff. So I really don't need/want anything Christmas stuff.
Now Halloween is a whole different thing for me. Halloween parties were always at my house as well. But I decorate the whole house! Linens, curtains, dishes, etc. When we have parties here the outside transforms as well. Were in the country so nobody really sees it unless there is a party. So I keep the decorations to the inside. After 43 years of collecting.... let's just say its alot of stuff. So I don't need much but you know there's always something that you've always wanted and still don't have.
Likes.
I'm still adding smalls to my china cabinet. And some of my favorite things have came from Goodwill!
I love the Munsters.
Haunted houses, metal.
Cemetery scenes, headstones, lamp posts, black cats, gothic candle holders. Fringed black lace dresser scarfs, fringed lamp shade covers. Small glass, clay, metal, ceramic, not plastic miniatures, but not the real small. More on ornament size. Witches, Frankenstein, Dracula, skeletons, dancing skeletons, etc. Candles vanilla, just vanilla. Colors, black, orange and my favorite color purple. I lost my tarot cards in a rummage sale mishap, so I've wanted to replace them. I'm still mad about it and it was 2 years ago! Lol I've always wanted a real crystal ball. I know they are pricey, that's why I don't have one. Lol but hey if you happen to have an extra one your not using .....
Dislikes

Pentagrams
Blood & gore
Cute plastic tacky
Clowns
Creepy dolls
Ouija board
Black candles
Voodoo, hoo doo
Anything satanic
pinky purple
Snakes
Just anything gross in general. Blood, guts, gore.

That's it, I hope this gives you a good idea.
So looking forward to getting my name. Thanks Valerie

·
Registered
469 Posts
Halloween is my main holiday but Christmas is a close second.
I collect frogs so I'm always looking for unique froggy items for both holidays. I also love cats (have 3). I have an "ugly ornament" collection (they have their own tree, too, but more of a Charlie Brown Christmas type of thing).
Christmas likes:
I love snowmen and blue snowflake themed items.
I have a collection of froggy Christmas tree ornaments that go on their own tree.
I love handmade items.
I like candles and pretty candle holders.
Hot cocoa is a favorite holiday treat of mine (hate coffee).
I bake cookies for everyone so anything related to that activity is cool.
Favorite holiday movie is Christmas Vacation :)
Dislikes:
Fruit cake
Tinsel
Overly religious stuff
Halloween:
Favorite colors orange and purple. I like vintage themed items. Love black cats and jack o lanterns. My favorite Halloween movie is Trick R Treat (already own it) . I love anything that lights up or makes spooky noises. I think I have enough skeletons and skulls now. I have a small collection of Spooky Town items and am always adding to it.

I collect frogs so I'm always looking for unique froggy items for both holidays. I also love cats (have 3).
Christmas likes:
I have a collection of froggy Christmas tree ornaments that go on their own tree.
I love handmade items.
Dislikes:
Fruit cake
Tinsel
Overly religious stuff
Halloween:
Favorite colors orange and purple. I like vintage themed items. Love black cats and jack o lanterns. My favorite Halloween movie is Trick R Treat (already own it) . I love anything that lights up or makes spooky noises. I think I have enough skeletons and skulls now. I have a small collection of Spooky Town items and am always adding to it.

I collect frogs so I'm always looking for unique froggy items for both holidays. I also love cats (have 3).
Christmas likes:
I love handmade items.
Dislikes:
Fruit cake
Tinsel
Overly religious stuff
Halloween:

I have a Pinterest but can't figure out how to link it from mobile. I will update when I have computer access.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts