Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on doing a floating tea party down the hallway for my party but I live in an apartment so they wouln't be very enthusiastic about drilling furniture to the roof.
I'm thinking about buying some styrofoam or other lightweight materials to carve into chair/table pieces (so they can be taken apart as well). Then I'll be gluing cloth onto them and spray painting (or just painting if I go with styrofoam) to make it look old. I still want them to look like heavy furniture so my guests will be afraid to walk under them (which they will have to if they need the bathroom). Hopefully it'll still be lightweight enough to tack into the walls or tie with strings and tack those onto the ceiling.

Are there any other approaches to this or has anyone done something similar? I'll be looking for some light plastic teacups to set on the table as well, and some tophats. The hallway leads to a spider room so I'm going to be hanging some teacups in spiderweb balls near the room.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
build a hall inside the hall:

get some 2x2s and build a frame on both sides of the hallway then lay some plywood across the top for support that you can attach your furniture too

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
Extruded polystyrene is light enough to hang, and dense enough to prime and paint. It is used in construction insulation and is available in pink (Corning) or blue (Dow) and generally runs $20 for a 2"x4'x8' sheet. Some Home Depots Carry the pink in stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts