Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!! I just wanted to share my method for making lightweight haunt panels. Each panel is made of 4 2x3s and 1-2 foam insulation boards. The reason I use 1/2” foam insulation boards is 1. They are lightweight 2. They are strong and easy to pain 3. And they are rather inexpensive (1 4x8 panel for around 7$). Each of my wall panels are 6’ tall and 8’ wide. It is made of 1 1/2 sheets of foam board and some 2x3s. To attach the foam board to the frame I use construction adhesive and plastic capped roofing nails. Each board is super easy to make and they last for years. Here are some photos of the build.

·
Registered
365 Posts
This is what I did for my haunt last year, including the roofing nails. I then covered some of them with black felt and made a really awesome black out room in my screened in porch.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Your build has sparked a solution for building walls that look like old busted plaster over wood slats. I could slice out sections of the foamboard to resemble exposed slats on both sides so as guests walk through our haunted garage, they'd see glimpses of other areas through the slats. And it's all lightweight and easily stackable upon storing. I should have thought of that last year.... Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts