Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the cheapest and easiest way to make your lights flash in sync with the halloween music?

·
Registered
89 Posts
kit 74 parallel relay board and Vixen Lights software. Kit will be around $30 some bucks and Vixen lights is free. Most expensive thing will be your time to create the sequences :) Let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Or.....If you are just looking for a quick and easy flashing light from music highs and lows, a Kit 12 Audio-To-Light Modulator. Plug in your lights to one end and a stereo output to the other.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,468 Posts
Lightning FX box. Getting harder and harder to find them tho. The halloween version is black with an orange lightning bolt and the x-mas version is white with a x-mas tree - they both work exactly the same tho and it doesn't matter what the case looks like so if you find the x-mas version for cheap - get it. ;)

Simple - plug in lights and put it next to a sound source.

There are several threads on this, but here's the most recent I've seen:
http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/96011-lightning-controller.html

It's very handy and easy and works really, really well.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
The Gemmy Light Show Box will flash your lights to music. It has an MP3 input for your own songs.
I think they run about $50-$60.

·
Registered
14,231 Posts
The lighting FX box will make the lights flicker or flash but not in sync to music like I think you are asking about. This system operates solely by the sound level of the input and it has a volume control to adjust the sensitivity to the sound level.

What are you trying to do with this device? a singing pumpkin routine by any chance? if so, cheapest and easiest way to come close to this effect would be with a Gemmy Light Show with an mp3 plug in. An LOR system would be a more sophisticated and more expensive alternative with the best syncing. You'll find a number of threads on the forum about both. Depends on your budget and abilities to program the system (particularly the LOR; Gemmy LS, just plug and play--results will depend on the songs used--it's pretty much a stand alone system with no need to connect to a computer unlike the LOR).

Sometimes you can find the Gemmy system at very good prices. Xmas stuff is always cheaper than halloween versions; greater volume, lower prices. If you will use an mp3 player, then the preloaded songs won't matter much and I'd look for the best price you can find. Be aware if you see a great deal in price that there are versions of the xmas green LS that did not have an mp3 player attachment and you wouldn't be able to use it for your halloween usage.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The lightning FX box would probably be the easiest, but they're getting hard to find. A color organ would do the same thing. If you want more accurate syncing, the Kit74 / Vixen option works well if you can dedicate a PC to the show.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts