Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: OK so I ordered a Christmas Tree FX from LTD Commodities on Oct 14 and still have not received it, and after talking to them it will not be here by the 31st (bs story from them)

Anyway, I now need to know how I can use my photo bulbs for lightning w\o it (build something) or where I might to be able to buy something similar that's reasonably priced (I'm in Lake Mary\Orlando FL)

Please help all...thx

·
Registered
13,783 Posts
:mad: OK so I ordered a Christmas Tree FX from LTD Commodities on Oct 14 and still have not received it, and after talking to them it will not be here by the 31st (bs story from them)

Anyway, I now need to know how I can use my photo bulbs for lightning wo it (build something) or where I might to be able to buy something similar that's reasonably priced (I'm in Lake MaryOrlando FL)

Please help all...thx

Sorry your Xmas Tree FX isn't going to arrive in time. I ordered mine from them a month ago with no problems.

My suggestion would be to check Spirit Halloween in your area. I see from their website there are a few listed in Orlando. I know they carry the Halloween FX box. I'd call first to check if they have it in stock so you're not running all over. http://www.spirithalloween.com/StoreLocation.aspx?state=FL You might get lucky and find it on sale. I know you can sign up on their site to be part of their Secret Society and get a special coupon. I think it arrives in an email the next day. Or you can sign up in the store and they will give you a coupon for use on your NEXT visit. Hope this helps.

I have NOT seen the boxes at Target or Walmart this year. If you have a Party City in your area you might call them too. Really no other sources off hand. Good Luck.

There is something you can put together yourself that was described on the Xtreme Haunted House Makeover DVD from Big Scream TV. Uses stobes, extension cord, night light, a Cooper Electric Flasher Adapter (aka Winker--I found mine at a Ace Hardware for around $5 - Ace - Ace Tree: Electrical: Adapters & Timers: Adapters: Standard Outlet Adapters: Outlet Winkers (C471/10) ) and CD source. I'm heading out the door for dinner right now but will try to post more later.

·
Registered
13,783 Posts
For lightning--extension cord with end with several plugin outlets; small night light with incandescent bulb; flasher or "winker" adapter (see post above); plug in strobe light/s (not the battery operated ones).

Plug flasher adapter into wall outlet. Plug extension cord into adapter. Plug night light into other end. Plug strobe light/s into same end as night light.

Night light should be on. The draw from the night light will make the flasher work. You need the night light so don't try skipping it. You'll need to hide the light from the night light somehow in your set up.

Position the strobe/s and turn on. Set to slow speed and vary the timing of them so they don't work in unison. The result should be more realistic lightning pattern than that with just a strobe turned on.

As for the thunder--you'll need to supply that separately with an audio device and speaker/s. This solution won't time the lightning to the thunder like an FX box will but it is a quick and very inexpensive option to give you something like it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whoo hoo...guess my complaining worked or something...checked UPS and my FX is en route to my house!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts