Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all of the single circuit lightning simulators basically give the same effect? Perfect Storm, izombie, firefly.... I undetstand they each have specific specs for operation but do they all flash the lights at different intensity according to the sound volume? Is the effect very effective for a yard haunt?

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Basically the upper end units all work the same. Get one that's multi-channel for the best effect. I have had the 4 channel izombie for several years and it works great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree with going multi channel if you can. occasionally you can find light organs on ebay, craigslist etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Trying to increase my budget for a multi channel but my Supervisor doesn't want to sign off on it. lol I may just have to buy it now and ask for forgiveness later.

What kind of amp/speaker power is sufficient for sound? Mine will just be along a small front yard and driveway.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Reload,
Be careful, you could be written up for an unauthorized purchase and that would go into your permanent file!
And that can stay in your file, until death do you part . :D

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Trying to increase my budget for a multi channel but my Supervisor doesn't want to sign off on it. lol I may just have to buy it now and ask for forgiveness later.

What kind of amp/speaker power is sufficient for sound? Mine will just be along a small front yard and driveway.
Well with thunder, the better your sound system the more realistic the effect is. Best advice is to go with some decent speakers and a receiver/amplifier that can drive them.

·
Registered
19 Posts

I went with old school receivers and speakers. They can usually be picked up fairly reasonable and put out good sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts