Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come they dont sell lightning boxes any where. I found a place online that will sell a color ogan kit 3 channel for 12.95, but it cost 9.00 for shipping. I hate to pay 75 percent of what it cost just for shipping. does anyone know where to get one locally.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Where's "local" to you? Here in Massachusetts, I saw one in the local Halloween Outlet, of course its thier flagship store, so it may not be available in other branches.

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
Yeah, you can find the Lightning F/X boxes at some specialty display and costume stores. But you have to look hard. Just expect to pay full price! $35 at my local store.

A couple years ago, you used to be able to find this at several retailers, but for some reason, they don't carry them anymore. What a shame, 'cause they are simple and easy prop controllers.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that too.
It seemed that they were everywhere the first couple of years. But, then they become more scarce as the years go by. I have seen the at Spirit stores & on Fright catalog as well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I cannot find where you have found to buy this from. If you can't post it here, would it be ok to PM me with a link? I really want one of these.

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
While setting up my Tree F/X units with my pirate cannons, I noticed that the Tree F/X units are not exactly the same as the Halloween units. The newer Tree F/X units have a toggle switch on the back that, when enabled with the front dial in the 12 o'clock position, turns on the connected device in a "Steady On" state. The Halloween units don't have this feature. I suppose this is to give users the option of keeping the lights on the Christmas tree always on. This is handy for haunters as well, as you can keep the connected prop in a steady on state when needed.

·
Registered
139 Posts
cool I have not had a chance to really play with these yet but i'm almost down the my arch and chair so the lighting will not be far behind LOL

i'm going to place a flood light over the chair to activate when i turn on the sander should provide a little color LOL

i'm also using the same setup for the Storm effect as well

i just have to get my ass in gear and start working

1 - 14 of 14 Posts