Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, its that time again to start working on HALLOWEEN!!!! Sorry I'm excited lol. So I have had a lighting box for the past two Halloweens but I just feel I'm not getting the wow factor. I have the lights mounted on the back of my cemetery sign pointing back towards my yard and props. I don't know if I need to go higher or what. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions/ tips or post pics of their lightning setups. thanks!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I set up lightning on my house last year.
It was awesome! See the thread
Perfect storm lightning with LED

I used LED flood lights pointing at the house and trees to light up as much as possible. This year I won’t bother with the trees as they don’t light up as well as the house.

Trying to light the ground and props with lights pointing down from your cemetery sign may not have as much surface to reflect the light.

I experimented with light placement to get best lighting of house without the bulbs being visible to people. Having multiple lights helps compared to just a couple high power lights

·
Registered
378 Posts
I am on a hill about 50 feet above the lower street’s and you could see my house flashing with the lightning effect from 3 blocks away. Now to be fair... there are no street lights on our street so it shows up incredibly well.
If you have street lights then it will be harder

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Perfect Storm 2.0 is very good. You could also use a programmable relay if you need a bit more control with the timing of effects. What I notice is you get a much greater effect with the addition of a really good sound system to accentuate the lightening effect. You may be missing that extra oomph without the addition of a beefed up amplifier.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I agree with Industren I had a pair of older home stereo speakers powered by a full size pioneer receiver unit.
I planned to have them outside but the weather was not great last year so I had them in the window playing the thunder track. It does add a lot to the effect.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’m dying to add a lightning effect to my home one of these years. Won’t be this year, but love picking up tips from topics like this for future reference.

Every time I see a display with flood halogen, vs LED flood, I have to say the LED’s just give it that extra wow factor. I’ve always had my eyes on the ProLight 400 from Lightsalive, but it’s
definitely pricey for once a year use.

Any other suggestions for similar LED effects and colour warmth, at a better price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts