Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an outdoor party in my back yard that is pitch black. I live in a subdivision and we have some street lights but still my back yard is super dark. I have lots of sting lights but am not sure how much light these are going to put out. Any suggestions on how to light the place but still keep a creepy feel? Thanks!

·
demonic animatronic
810 Posts
I use orange string lights for some areas and they put out a good amount of light. but mounted up high on my second story deck and some places on the ground, I use 100w blue floods. they really keep the creepyness but also light everything nicely. it has a bright moon glow feel to it.

I am slowly changing all my lights over to led par 64s so I can control the color as well to make everything perfect and create some great efeects.

·
Evil Lord of Legumes
890 Posts
I've found that candles in centerpieces on tables are always really helpful. They not only illuminate that table, but also shed some (not a lot, but some) light to the surroundings. Plus, candles go with most spooky party themes.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love candles! I do have a lot of battery operated candles. I don't really want to use fire though because we have 30+ kids coming to this party (7 yr olds and most of them are boys). That kind of changes things, you know? I put a bunch of string lights out there last night just to get a feel and I think we'll be ok. There will be a DJ there with light effects as well so I think it will be enough light for us to see. If not, I'll just have to add more! LOL
On another note... I am really second guessing the dry ice in the couldron of punch. That was my original plan but 7 yr old boys are very curious. I can totally see one of them sticking their hand inside just to check it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts