Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up some Par 36 pin spots and a sheet of red gels, now this is new to me (used to always use colored spot lights, but wanted to spot in on areas) and I don't know how to use the gels....anyone provide some insight. Do I need to buy a separate holder for them or is there a quick/inexpensive solution for the amateur home haunter? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well being a Par36 Id think it would have its own Gel frame, but you say its a pin spot so Im thinking it should have a metal pressure ring or some type of lens/bulb cap.

If it has a gel frame just cut out the gel to fit in the frame and put it back in
If it has a pressure ring or cap just cut the gel to fit inside the light and then put the snap ring or cap back on to hold it in place

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well being a Par36 Id think it would have its own Gel frame, but you say its a pin spot so Im thinking it should have a metal pressure ring or some type of lens/bulb cap.

If it has a gel frame just cut out the gel to fit in the frame and put it back in
If it has a pressure ring or cap just cut the gel to fit inside the light and then put the snap ring or cap back on to hold it in place
Thanks Mangler. It does have a pressure ring or frame that extends about an inch or two away from the bulb itself. The diameter of the far end is smaller then the end that maintains the bulb in it's place. I thought that was where I was supposed to place the gels but wasn't certain, thanks for clearing this up for me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My pleasure.
Just so you know, those pin-spots actually have a special colored lenses available for them. They look like giant contact lenses and come in a pack of 3 (Red/Green/Blue).
They are made to fit around the bulb and the pressure ring holds them in place.
If you can find those they are better and easier to use (for pin-spots) than Gels

1 - 6 of 6 Posts