Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure if this was the best location for this post, but wanted to get the word out that Michaels craft store is having a good sale on fake pumpkins. I got a couple 10.5" pumpkins for $4.80 each yesterday, and they have others sizes as well for similar costs. I think the biggest ones were $8, usually sell for $20.

I'm going to use mine to light a few gravestones in my cemetery. Going to paint them black and, place them in front of the stones and use some LED lights within the pumpkin to wash over the gravestone.

Has anyone done anything like this? How did it work? Just thought I would ask before I get too far into the project.

P.S. on the fake pumpkins - they are flammable so you can't use real flames in them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
They are not Funkins. They are similar to Funkins, but with more narrow walls and they are completely enclosed (whereas Funkins have no bottom). I bought a bunch to carve and I am very happy with them. After Halloween they drop really low, so I plan on getting a bunch more then.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi , are they carved aleready with a light inside or are they funkins you can carve ?

i need a few for next years theme so this is interesting , do you have a picture ?
No, they aren't carved or pre-lit. They are the craft pumpkins that you can carve yourself. Attached is a picture of mine. They have other sizes, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts