Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Many people joke that they think our display 'can be seen from outer space'. We believe that is what attracted these new visitors this year!! Unfortunately, their spaceship was unable to land due to the Hurricane... (OK, we did not get the spaceship built and put up before the storm hit. No pictures. Bummer.) There's always next year! Sorry this scene is unfinished, but we thought we would share what we did get done.
Welcome to Area 51! Moooooooooooooooooooo

good cover.jpg 031.jpg good 2.jpg 037.jpg 283.jpg Alien leader.jpg

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It took four weeks to put it all up... and 24 hours to rip it all down and throw it in the house before Sandy hit. All that was left on Halloween was this...

028.jpg

Here it is... on Halloween. EEK!! Now that is the scariest our display has ever looked!!! LOLOLOL

005.jpg 006.jpg

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Now don't be all bummed out... We had a lot of fun. I wanted to leave this on an upbeat note ~ This is our four year old. The costume choice is his own.
Of course it was not something I could buy somewhere, so I had to wing it. This kid is a riot!!

So we leave you with our little conehead zombie from the game Plants vs. Zombies. hahahahahahahaha Happy Halloween!!!!

Zombie.jpg

·
Registered
426 Posts
You know what, this is by no means my style but I love it all the same. It's whimsical, and fun and festive. While I myself would never haunt this way, I love your yard display and others like it. It really captures a side of the holiday, the lighthearted carefree side, that often goes ignored. :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Absolutely no one does this style better! ALWAYS a great joy to see what you put together and truly a magical display. BRAVO!!

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Hilda, I've said this before, but I want to say it again here.

You are a true Halloween super star. As big as the very best. The absolute and unquestionable ruler of your genre. One of a kind artist.

I'm so sorry that you were chopped down by the weather (again), but your display still reached epoch heights before you were forced to bring it all inside. Even your last minute display was awesome. You're amazing at what you do. Thanks for sharing it with us all.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
Hey, you did a great job on the "PVC Boned" skeletons, Hilda!

I love the litlte cone-head zombie kid!

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Wow...just wow! I love it all! Plus thanks for all the ideas! I have a white house as well so now I have all kinds of ideas on what to put on my blank kanvas! :)

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
WOW! I am overwhelmed with the compliments. It is greatly appreciated. We have so much fun doing this, and it sure is nice to get positive feedback from the folks who know how hard it is to get something like this together. (Did that make sense? lol)

Thanks a million!!

I big shout-out has to go to DaveintheGrave for his awesome tutorial demonstrating how to insert a pvc frame into the Bluckys. He inspired our new Skeleton Invasion scene. Thank you so much!!

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Can you pleeeeaaaase tell me where you found those large beatles in your front door display.
Thanks for your kind words.

I made those beetles following a how-to. I saw them on Pinterest.

http://www.bhg.com/halloween/outdoor-decorations/easy-to-make-scarab-beetles/

Basically, you slice a craft styrofoam egg in half. Scrape/cut two lines in the rounded side. Paint the entire thing black. Use a brown slick paint (bottle) on the lines. Insert black chenille craft pipe cleaners in as legs and antennae. ONLY thing is I used the OUTDOOR Mod Podge to seal them... However, they are STILL tacky (2 months later), and turned gloppy (white) when rained on.

Thanks for asking. I do think they are a great impact, if we can figure out how to seal them better for outdoor use.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts