Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know. I know. Some people hate the Zombie Babies. Some folks love them and collect them. I don't have a really strong opinion one way or the other.
I honestly don't really expect this thread to get a lot of traffic, but I thought I would make a thread for anyone else doing a search for Zombie Babies. :D

We traditionally have done a zero creepy-factor large whimsical outdoor display for tiny ToTs. Our youngest is six years old and has shown an interest in making things a little bit more creepy around here and playfully scaring his buddies. So we gave him one of the 'cute' scenes to create his first 'yard haunt' at the very end of our Lighthearted display.

With the help of a friend who collects the Zombie Babies, we picked out a handful of the more non-gory ones, and we spiffed them up or made props to go with each little one's personality. My son and I had a great time working together on this tiny scene, and it was a big hit with the six to eight year old crowd this past Halloween. So I am so glad we did it. We mixed the babies into and replaced some of the cute monster decorations we used in prior years.

I think he definitely has the haunt bug now, as he has been sketching out a Five Nights at Freddy's theme haunt to do next year. hahahaha

So I proudly present, our little Lighthearted Monster... daycare? (I really have no idea what it is. It's just funny.)

best1.jpg best2.jpg best3.jpg

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
At the center is a table with babies playing(?). LOL
Creeping Tommy has some toy duckies to play with. What big teeth they have! :D

best4.jpg best5.jpg

A plastic duckie I had previously repurposed into a Nightmare Before Christmas inspired Killer Duck toy, was a perfect fit into the new scene.

best6.jpg

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Frankensteins with Baby Frankie.
I built Frankie his own little electric chair. Other babies take a nap every day... a Frankenstein baby needs to be recharged. ;)

best7a.jpg best7b.jpg

We added some grungy blood splattered blocks and dolls on the table. We laughed because often visitors spelled things out with the blocks. LOL

best7c.jpg

Hungry Harold is enjoying his snacktime.
The 'snack platter' is my first ever gory prop build. LOLOL I have to start somewhere.

best8.jpg

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had repurposed a pink Little Tykes baby stroller for the Vampire Baby a few years ago. So little Vlad Jr. has his own custom coffin buggy.

best9.jpg

Also, I had previously repurposed a large pink and blue dollhouse into a haunted house. It was a perfect prop to pair with Polly NosePicker.

best 11.jpg best 10.jpg

I had to get Little Willy. Especially since Willard is my late father's name. So he is in a playpen of sorts with his friends.

best 12.jpg

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This originally was the Troll Baby, but I knew instantly that he would make an adorable baby Witch Doctor.
It's hard to keep nannies for this little guy... he keeps boiling them up. ;)

best 13b.jpg best 13a.jpg

We repainted my son's little red rocket ride-on that he had outgrown for the Alien Baby, and then my son decided he wanted this put over into our other alien scene. This was out close to the road, and it is HILARIOUS when people walk by and trigger the lights and voice.

aliens.jpg aliens (3).jpg

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I studied Jugular Jimmy here for a little bit and I kept thinking he looked familiar. Then it hit me that he looks remarkably like The Creeper. LOL
So I decided to add a few additions to make him look more like his 'father'. I started to repurpose a Little Tykes Cozy Coupe into a Jeeper Creeper Truck, but ran out of time. So I will finish that for next year.
I even gave him a little bone and tooth throwing star 'teething ring'. I know that is a really obscure movie reference... but it's all in the little details, isn't it?! :)

best 14.jpg

I still have a few babies left, but ran out of time to make individualized props. So I had some ugly plain plastic swan planters buried deep in the garage. I gave a few of them a repaint, and borrowed some extra Jeep springs and made ride-on swan toys for the boys.
I think Wolfie and Pudges are adorable.

best 16.jpg best 15.jpg

We really had so much fun on this nutty little project. I thought I was going to hate this scene, but in the end... I really love it. Lots of the little bit older kids thought it was great! So I guess we will add a few more next year.

·
>^..^<
802 Posts
Love the inventive ways you-all set them up! It's fun to watch someone else get excited about the whole Halloween thing. Who knows what great ideas your son will come up with?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Great job painting everything. That really ties it all together. I especially like the Vlad Baby Stroller!
Pete

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,022 Posts
Awesome! You really got creative with them! I'm not a fan of the babies, but you really did something great with them! We don't do gore/scarey either. I go for creepy and realistic. I have a 5 year old that is NUTS about Halloween. My brother and his wife gave him a big box of old Halloween decorations for his birthday a couple of weeks ago. lol He was thrilled to death and immediately decorated his room.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
Those baby scenes all look terrific, Hilda! It still amazes me how creative you are with your displays.

Very nice!

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Welcome to the dark side, Hilda! Every zombie baby 'reincarnation' I love! You can't help but :D at each one. If forced to pick a fav(or 2)Frank & his little electric chair and the babies in the diseased & skeleswan spring riders are priceless.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I'm not generally a zombie baby fan, either, but I have to agree with previous commenters -- your props and scenes worked perfectly for them! I love the creativity.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts