Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone created a lightening bug costume? I was thinking about one for my son that does light up.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
That's a great idea, nhh. I picture long tail tux with el-wire attached to the back for the lights. Check out WorldAglow - Worldaglow is glow paint, el wire, kits, inverter, sequencer, electroluminescent wire, LED signs, Glow Sticks, glow fabric, patches, embroidery, glow icecubes, lighted shelving, CCFL, EEFL, boise, custom, signage, worldwide, free, shippi for some costume lighting ideas. Add some attenae and it would be cute. We don't have lightning bugs here in Boise, but I'm from Chicago so I saw them growing up, I miss them.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the link!! We don't have them in the desert either but, grew up seeing them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is a hard costume idea to tackle, but I could suggest maybe dressing your son in black pants and a black shirt, buy a pair of wings, get some antennae and a lot of glow stick bracelets (or necklaces); you could try and tape the glowsticks around your sons pant legs with clear packaging tape (sort of giving it a striped look). It's a cheap way to do this costume, not sure how effective it would be so maybe give it a test run if you're interested. Hope that helps. Fireflies are awesome, so it's a solid choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts