Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I got an idea while sitting in jury duty waiting forever. Take any mask and light it up can be used in windows full props or whatever you would like. Quick tutorial sorry for not going into detail didn't have much time to type it up.

SDC15737.jpg

Things you will need:

Bleach or Chlorine bottle
12" 1x2
1" Dry Wall Screws
LEDS
LED Holders
Battery Pack
Wire
Resistors
Switch or Push Button.
Hot Glue Gun
Ping Pong Balls
Drill Bits

SDC15718.jpg

Cut a Slot in the bottom of the bottle and shove the 12" 1x2 and adjust to your neck liking. Screw in using 2 dry wall screws.

SDC15719.jpg

Put your mask on it so you can see where your eyes line up and mark where your eyes are going to go.

SDC15720.jpg
SDC15721.jpg

Drill out your eyes for your LEDS and Switch/Push button.

SDC15722.jpg

Put in your switch and led holders.

SDC15724.jpg

Wire your positive lead from your battery pack to your switch.

SDC15723.jpg
SDC15714.jpg

I used a bread bored and wire that was already pre striped saves time. To connect my resistors to each positive lead on LEDS

SDC15725.jpg
SDC15727.jpg
SDC15728.jpg

Insert you board and connecting your positive lead from the board to your switch.

SDC15729.jpg

Drill your ping pong balls to fit over LED holders.

SDC15730.jpg

Glue the ping bong balls to the bottle.

SDC15693.jpg

Gently slide your mask over and adjust and dont forget batteries.

SDC15737.jpg

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
Very little experience with electronics, so I'm sure there is an obvious answer to this but why use the breadboard? Last year we made LED eyes for a reindeer/wolf and used a battery compartment and I'm thinking maybe we added a resister, but I'm sure we didn't use a breadboard. Are you planning on adding other components for more features like fading lit eyes?

BTW like your use of the bleach bottle for the head form. I'll have to keep this in mind. Like your use of the ping pong balls to help even out the hot spot of the LED. The masks look great too!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very little experience with electronics, so I'm sure there is an obvious answer to this but why use the breadboard? Last year we made LED eyes for a reindeer/wolf and used a battery compartment and I'm thinking maybe we added a resister, but I'm sure we didn't use a breadboard. Are you planning on adding other components for more features like fading lit eyes?

BTW like your use of the bleach bottle for the head form. I'll have to keep this in mind. Like your use of the ping pong balls to help even out the hot spot of the LED. The masks look great too!
Thank you very much for your comments. I used the breadboard because I have a whole box of them from other projects, so It was a great way to get rid of some and yes incase I wanted to add sound or make the eyes flash I could add on latter on if I wanted to.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Even if you use pre-wired and resistor ready leads and a battery holder save you a ton of time I just used what I had laying around. Simple project, I used pool chlorine bottles when we close our pool since we put 8 to 12 gallons in, of course wash them out. Then the masks I picked up from Walmart and Meijer for $4.00 to $5.00

1 - 12 of 12 Posts