Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello again, I just had a couple of questions about light o rama.
first is there any differnce between the 16 channel lor that wowlights
sales and the one that the lor site sales?
second , are all the lor's dmx compatable?
thanks again for any help.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one more question can you have the lor play and repeat a certain sequence until
a trigger like a motion detecter goes off ,and then have it play a special sequence,and
then return to the original sequence.
kinda of like the animated lighting (from what i was reading)
thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
not a fan of wow

I'm like 99% sure that when you buy from lightorama it is cheaper than wow lights. And if you wait for the summer sale then it's a lock.

LOR has some new products coming out during their summer sale. (triggers and such)

They are DMX compatible, but you must buy the LOR idmx box ($249.99) and then you are good to go.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
I chose LOR after doing lots of "reading". I know that there are staunch supporters on both sides. I just felt that LOR was the better fit for me. Plus I bought it on sale and assembled it myself, so if I want I can sell it for more then I bought it for if I change my mind.

Wowlights has one of the models that LOR offers. It is a little less on their site, because I think they purchase the kits and assemble them themselves. Then they just charge a little less. Their sale is coming up too. I was going to buy mine from Wowlights, but LOR had a surprise sale and I ended up getting it from LOR. Plus I ended up getting a different model then Wowlights offers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
here is what we were able to accomplish with LOR last Halloween:

So I vote LOR!

·
Registered
574 Posts
That was INCREDIBLE.

I was especially impressed how you used the RF-V4's and the DC powered units to light up the actor. How many batteries did this guy have to carry and how long did they last with all those lights on his coat, staff, and head going?

Craig

·
Macho Nacho
859 Posts
That was INCREDIBLE.

I was especially impressed how you used the RF-V4's and the DC powered units to light up the actor. How many batteries did this guy have to carry and how long did they last with all those lights on his coat, staff, and head going?

Craig
He used a couple 6v lamp batteries. look on his youtube page for
last minute halloween wiring.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That was INCREDIBLE.

Craig
4 6V lamp batteries total. 2 in series to power the board, and 2 parallel to power the lights. It wasnt very heavy at first, lol! By the end of the night I was on life support! But the lights were just as bright 3 hours down the road.

·
Registered
354 Posts
hello again, I just had a couple of questions about light o rama.
first is there any differnce between the 16 channel lor that wowlights
sales and the one that the lor site sales?
second , are all the lor's dmx compatable?
thanks again for any help.
I'm not sure if it was completely answered before. Here is a document from light o rama about their DMX compatibility. It sounds like most are compatible:

http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/DMX-DOC.pdf

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've got a few that I'm working on now that I will share when complete. They are pretty specific for my set up, but they can be modified. I have a couple of samples posted in my LOR album on ths site. The links are in the comments section for the first picture.

·
Registered
91 Posts
the latest LOR firmware allows an external control to initiate a new sequence. I've not done it yet but I think it amounts to pulling a pin low on the board. I'm pretty sure it talks back to the computer and starts the new sequence.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts