Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally bitten the bullet (read: my Economic Advisor/wife has finally allowed me) and purchased a couple of Light-o-Rama kits for both Halloween and Christmas. I'll be tying into my neighbour for Christmas stuff (he's as big on Christmas as we all are on Halloween), but I was wondering if anyone else has used LOR for their haunts, or knows where to purchase non-cheesy LOR sequences online? I am absolutely in love with everything Midnight Syndicate does, and would love to get my hands on a LOR show with their music.

Here's what I've bought.....
Between this LOR set-up, and my castle walls that I'm putting together, I feel like I'm finally getting the Halloween I've always dreamed of piecing together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fun with Light-O-Rama

This is neat, I don't usually have wisdom I can share, but last year I decided to try out Light-O-Rama for my display. I ended up making my own sequences just to have more control over the lights. Plus I really wanted to learn how to use the program. listentoourlights on youtube has some great tutorial videos that really helped me out on that front. Here's a link to a playlist of the videos.

The flood lights and starter pack were the first things I got also, along with a 100 rgb bulb set. This is from last year, I'm hoping to do more this year now that I have a better handle on things. If I find any more information that would be helpful I'll make sure to post it here.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I guess I am old school as I program the songs myself (which is a time consuming pain in the butt), build my own props and still use strands of 50 or 100 incandescent lights and some LED strands.

In the few short years I have had my lightorama it is amazing how technology has made it so folks can turn out some amazing shows. While there are lots of pre programmed shows out there I find that I prefer to put my own touch on my presentation.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Agree with Scatterbrains that you definitely want to add your own touch, but it can be overwhelming to start! Check out Planet Christmas forum.. they have videos for Halloween as well and you can probably get some people to help you get what you are looking for.

I have one that I use in a very "non LOR" kind of way.. I have a 16 channel LOR that I use for lightning..8 channels for flood lights. 5 in front of the house and three

in the back. I then take 1 other channel to run my bleeding gravestone pump.. Few seconds on/few seconds off..

Somebody from LOR gave me one he designed..I will look to see if I have the actual file lying around for you... PM me your email and I can email it over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts