Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checking to see if there are any LOR users out there. Just signed up for this forum. I currently am working on sequencing 41 songs.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ugh - 41 songs!! Don't wish to be in your shoes :)

I have been using it for my singing pumpkin face. Am expanding for our Frankenstein lab show. Have moved to different controllers as they are quite proud of some of their stuff. But I have stuck it out with Dan for some time now!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I use a LOR controller and dedicated it to a set of 8 singing pumpkins. I also bought a mini director to eliminate the need for a PC connection while running. All together it made for a very expensive prop for one evening a year, but it does get lots of comments. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, I use LOR for my pirate ship for halloween and for Christmas. I'm only a ghost here so it won't let me post a link yet. But if you go to YouTube and search for cpmike69 my channel will come up with all my holiday LOR videos. I won the national WOWLIGHTS contest for the pirate halloween LOR show. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's it. I'm getting LOR your gonna need to school me on it. That is what I've been missing.
Dumb me. I've passed on buying it already. Seen it on craigslist cheap too. Kicking myself right now.
It's not too difficult to learn. My halloween display only uses 1 controller with 16 channels mostly. I have a second controller but it only runs some DMX lights and the candles. My Christmas display however uses 9 controllers with 144 channels. LORWIKI is a great place to learn and ask questions too. And all us LOR crazies like to help too!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
It's not too difficult to learn. My halloween display only uses 1 controller with 16 channels mostly. I have a second controller but it only runs some DMX lights and the candles. My Christmas display however uses 9 controllers with 144 channels. LORWIKI is a great place to learn and ask questions too. And all us LOR crazies like to help too!
Thank you. Will definitely check it out when I track one down for cheap.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you're a DIY'er ...you could always build your own ..... I , myself use VIXEN . 100 per cent DIY and the software is FREE . The controllers will cost less than half of the LOR ones .

heres a link for those interested . And BTW - Vixen does all that LOR does and then some . And the people there are 100 per cent FRIENDLY and helpful .

·
Registered
16 Posts
These are all freakin' awesome! Another pile of money I'll be spending to add for this year... My wife is going to kill me for sure. Thanks for sharing guys!

·
Registered
89 Posts
WOW - 41 songs!!! My condolences, I'm in the process of re-doing about 12 because I'm switching over to almost entirely RGB. My head already hurts and I'm mostly just copying straight across. I couldn't even imagine doing that many from scratch. This will be my third year with LOR. I really want to start controlling DC motors, linear actuators and pneumatic valves with it but I have no idea how to do it. I haven't had much luck getting non-sarcastic answers on the LOR forum, so if anyone out there could help teach me how to do that kind of stuff with LOR I would be very grateful.

Just out of curiosity Mkozik1, what have you switched to? I have to agree that they are a little proud of their stuff. They make a great product, but it's a little hard to fit into the budget.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Undertaker, I'm a big LOR person myself, and much like you, have turned away from the *****y, holier than thou, sarcastic trolls on the LOR forums. If you need help, please ask. I've been doing LOR for 5+ years for both Christmas and Halloween. Let me know what you have questions on.

-=CoasterBP

PS. Completely off topic, but not really... I find it ironic that the people on the Halloween forums, you know, the Halloween that is filled with blood, guts, scares and gore, to be much friendlier and willing to help than the people who do the Christmas stuff...you know, the Christmas that is supposed to be celebrating the birth of the Savior Jesus Christ, who was all about selflessness and helping those that need help..... anywho.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Undertaker, I'm a big LOR person myself, and much like you, have turned away from the *****y, holier than thou, sarcastic trolls on the LOR forums. If you need help, please ask. I've been doing LOR for 5+ years for both Christmas and Halloween. Let me know what you have questions on.

-=CoasterBP

PS. Completely off topic, but not really... I find it ironic that the people on the Halloween forums, you know, the Halloween that is filled with blood, guts, scares and gore, to be much friendlier and willing to help than the people who do the Christmas stuff...you know, the Christmas that is supposed to be celebrating the birth of the Savior Jesus Christ, who was all about selflessness and helping those that need help..... anywho.....
I absolutely agree. I've been a member of the LOR forums for several years now and I think most of the trouble makers have moved on to other forums, hopefully! There
s still a handful of them but they're not as bad as they used to be since some of the others have moved on and can't fuel the flame!

·
Registered
89 Posts

-=CoasterBP

I would like to apologize for striking such a negative chord. I guess I haven't had it quite that bad. I want to say that I absolutely was not bashing LOR or it's product. I think they make a terrific system, I just have a hard time justifying the expense. Everything I've ever purchased from them has been top notch and I've never had any issues with their service. I would and have recommended them to anyone looking for a plug and play system that is not too incredibly difficult to muddle your way through. As far as the forum goes, I think that the vast majority of the users are there willing to help and share their knowledge. I think there is a very small percentage of them that really bring down the site. I got a little frustrated after a couple of questions got fairly sarcastic replies. Then I would read other questions that I thought were pertinent and saw several of them would receive the same sarcasm. The same couple of user(s) seemed to consistently be associated with those posts. I have not been on there in a while, so I can't really speak as to how it is today.

Coaster, I do appreciate the offer to help. I have nothing new planned for this year other than the RGB conversions I'm doing, but at some point I will be feeding off yours and hopefully others brains. There really is nothing better than a good helping of brains to get one in the mood for Halloween!!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I will agree with you on all points about the LOR products and service. Completely top notch. Which is why I still use it and purchase controllers from them. It just sucks that a couple on the forums can completely bring down the atmosphere there. Yes, you can find the answers you are looking for from some really nice people on there, but for a while, it was tough to do so without people on there completely bashing you or making you feel stupid for asking questions about stuff...

-=CoasterBP

1 - 20 of 23 Posts