Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
We did a musical sequence for Halloween last year but it was our very first time using LOR. We had fun programming it and the adults and kids (especially the smaller ones) enjoyed the show.

Link to follow...

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Yea definately something to invest in when i can get the funds together.Why oh why is it always either not enough time.....or not enough money?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've posted my LOR sequences and sound files to go with them here: Halloween

Makes is a lot easier to sequence when someone else has the timing down. Also check out Light-O-Rama Sequences.com - Welcome

Great stuff. Lots of fun, lots of hours to program. Working on another song or two and expanding from 1 to 2 controllers this halloween. (I do more for Christmas, just not enough time in the day to do everything.)

Enjoy.

Mike.

·
Macho Nacho
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I save and then open them in the sequence editor it says "error in file open."

It says this inthe code without saving it as a .lms program.

XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document. Error processing resource 'http://mrz7aa.blu.livefilestore.com/y1...

</sequence> <timing centisecond="6700"/>
----------------^

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm using LOR 2.x. If you download just the demo from their site, I belive it is still like 1.6 version and will NOT open 2.x files. You have to have the full version installed, then download the update to 2.x.

I'm not sure if LOR has a version 2 as a demo. You'd have to contact them or look on their site. Just looked on their site, they still only have 1.6 as a demo download.

Unfortunately, I didn't start doing Halloween until 2008 and therefore, have no previous LOR 1.6 files left. I keep all of my files from year to year, so would have an older version, but I've upgraded all of my files.

You can download sequences at Light-O-Rama Sequences.com - Welcome but there are no sound files there. Not sure there are too many other halloween files out there, mostly Christmas ones that people share and have sound files.

If you want, I can point in the direction of Christmas 1.x files that I know are still out there with sound files. Then, you could start to play with the software.

Good luck and let me know.

Mike.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Here's my LOR setup:
http://www.grimlabs.com/LOR/LOR16_&ACrelays_003.jpg

I can run straight of the LOR AC 115V or every trigger the relay spdt for switching low voltage. I did have to have a deck of 16 switches to take out of the circuit each relay so they wouldn't click during fades and dimming. Also, I think LOR is up to version 2.1.6 or something higher, and now allows feedback control of the sequence "from" the board so a floor switch or pushbutton can make the LOR change its programming.

More pics of unit
Index of /LOR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts