Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Being a dealer isnt all its cracked up to be in a downed economy. If these are worth the money I will offer them up on Ebay as a preorder and at a cut price. If they are junk, I will pass that along as well. The thing about these that concerns me is the weight....they only weight, according to the info I get, about a pound and a half! But, polyfill and styrofoam are not that heavy. We'll see!

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
I got tagged for $10 shipping on each one but if they are of good quality they will be fine. I will post my opinion as soon as they arrive.
Yeah... Shipping costs suck! Mine to TX was $17.50:mad:... OUCH! Thanks Homestead Haunt, can't wait to hear what you have to say!

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
I hope so... If its as effective as I think, this will save me A LOT of time on making life-size props out of all my old masks and costumes. My fingers are crossed!

·
Registered
916 Posts
My dummies arrived and to be honest they are about what I expected. I learned long ago that the picture is always better. The dummy does not have a styrofoam head as the description says. The head is a cloth ball that needs a little more stuffing. Also, to pose the dummy you really need to add a piece of 1/2 pvc up the back and into the head to serve as a spine. The nice thing is, there is a velcro openning in the back to make this easily done. I was pleased with the hands. Pretty lifelike if you ask me.

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
My dummies arrived and to be honest they are about what I expected. I learned long ago that the picture is always better. The dummy does not have a styrofoam head as the description says. The head is a cloth ball that needs a little more stuffing. Also, to pose the dummy you really need to add a piece of 1/2 pvc up the back and into the head to serve as a spine. The nice thing is, there is a velcro openning in the back to make this easily done. I was pleased with the hands. Pretty lifelike if you ask me.
Thanks! Sounds like with a little more structure, they would be effective. I was planning on dressing mine up as a corpse in a casket, so I guess I dont have to worry too much about the armature. Is it solid enough to dress and look like a body?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yes, I'd say it is. The dummy is stuffed with what looks like memory foam scaps to me. There the size of a thinner 6' person. The nice thing is if you wanted to add more stuffing you can.

Thanks! Sounds like with a little more structure, they would be effective. I was planning on dressing mine up as a corpse in a casket, so I guess I dont have to worry too much about the armature. Is it solid enough to dress and look like a body?

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
2 of those hangman bodies were dressed inflatable mannequins that I picked up online for about $7 each. They worked out pretty good. The only issue I had with them was 2-3 times a season I would have to climb on a ladder and add some air to them. One of the hangman was a foam body with a steel armature in it. There is a female hanging person in the pics somewhere that is actually a combination fiberglass / PVC body. The mask on the inflatable mannequins was from Death Studios and was called oddly enough "The Hanged Man".

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
Homestead, I too looked at your flicker page, nice props! Wanted to ask you about your Maniac prop... I have 3 of them. One is made of Latex and the other 2 are made of PVC. When I talked to Distortions about that, they told me that there were very few made. I noticed that the one you had in the cage looked like it was PVC... Do you know if they are worth much? I heard they were and was thinking about putting it on ebay, but the paint is not in that great of shape.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Homestead, I too looked at your flicker page, nice props! Wanted to ask you about your Maniac prop... I have 3 of them. One is made of Latex and the other 2 are made of PVC. When I talked to Distortions about that, they told me that there were very few made. I noticed that the one you had in the cage looked like it was PVC... Do you know if they are worth much? I heard they were and was thinking about putting it on ebay, but the paint is not in that great of shape.
The PVC one should be worth a little more but its hard to say if anyone would pay it with the latex one being out there. THe PVC Mainiac sold for about $300 when it was available. When the Latex version hit the market the price dropped but so did the detail in the prop. I have one of each and the PVC version has better detail but needs to be treated a little better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts