Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hello my fellow haunters.
Just wanted to share with you my latest body forms for life size props. Hopefully someone can use the concept or improve on it.
It has worked pretty well for me (and its fairly cheap). Less than $20 for a sturdy, water resistant and reusable form. Outside friendly. Just add your favorite costume!
I utilize PVC frames and simply add empty 2 liter bottles for leg filler. Incidentally, the necks of the bottles fit 1/2" PVC pipe perfectly.
Just use a 7/8" bit to drill a hole in the bottom of the bottle.

And utilizing a foam camping mat that I purchased from Walmart (last season the were less than $8- maybe they were on clearance?- I cant find them online tonight. I still have an unopened roll and I will post specifics if anyone inquires)- I form the torso. Just find the center of the roll, Cut a slit for the neck, and trim the body as needed.This method provides bulk, is pretty resilient to abuse and is somewhat water tight.

In this photo, the torso ended up being too long. I eventually cut off about 10" from the bottom (5" front and 5" inches back).
Utilizing the tape, I have some control of the final shape.

Let me know if this helps and if anyone uses it!

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
I like it a lot. I have some 1/2 foam at work I might use to try and do something the same, only thing I don't drink soda so the bottles might have to think about?

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't drink them either Spook show. 79 cents each at my local Save-a-Lot. I pour them down the drain!

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Hey Drzeus that looks cool already! Look forward to seeing the rest of him. Filling out a body form is challenging and the soda bottles really give it nice form.

BTW we gave up soda pop a number of years ago so I'd be doing the same thing or asking a neighbor who stocks it in their house to save some for me.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Yup That's simple and brilliant! Definitely a "why didn't I think of that" idea! Thanks for the suggestion. Also looking forward to seeing the final product.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I often use just pool noodles as filler for the arms (cause I have a surplus lol). 20 oz soda bottles work too. The necks of those fit perfectly also. If you look around, the bottles are available in an assortment of shapes and sizes. I've seen 3 liter bottles too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Great idea on the bottles. Sure beats crumpled paper and duct taped bulking that we been doing.

For the few standing props we have, we usually stick the PVC pipe in the ground (no rebar). With the boot on, what did you do in it to keep it standing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
:cool:This is so cool. We're adding a zombie cage (it's just a dog pen, really) to our haunt this year. It's gonna be my job to make the zombies. I was thinking I would be lucky to find time to finish two zombies, but I might be able to at least double that number with this method. I'm excited and ready to get a big head start on Halloween. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This may be a silly question but do you drill holes in the boots to attach it to the board? I was hoping to still use the boots after... haha

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't see how you could avoid drilling holes I the shoes scary mama, unless you placed the shoes in front of the leg pieces. Might be doable...

·
Registered
29 Posts
if you live somewhere where there is a bottle deposit. you can buy the bottles from the store super cheap.

how it works.
you pay bottle deposit.
you return your bottle get your deposit back
the store has a company come and collect all the bottles and take them to a warehouse for cleaning and sorting and such.
the store than gets a payment from the company that picked them up.
so if you go in and speak to a manager. im sure they would not have a problem selling you empty 2liters.

im the manager at a savealot in NY, and i would do it. no different if you give me money for bottles or TOMRA(bottle company i use) gives me the money.

EVEN CHEAPER! lol awesome idea. im going to be doing this this weekend, have some good thoughts in mind.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts