Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up years ago as a package deal with a few other life size props (bone collector, scream, headless horseman for $50 bucks). When I got it I figured I could figure out why she didn't work but honestly it kept getting put in the attic or if pulled out just put into background. At first it made music sounds but no motor movement ( suppose to Shake head turns 360 and mouth moves to clip sounds). now nothing. I pulled it apart and found a nasty corroded board, and multiple wires that were barely connected or had already popped off possibly from previous owner trying to repair as the solder joints looked horrible. the mouth piece that went from dc motor to bottom of chin was missing broke around the spring area. So My main question is I guess worth trying to repair the board if so anyone have schematics on it? or just get a few movie clips stick couple of printer servos in and try to get the button banger prop to make it homemade animated? Appreciate any help or suggestions. currently building 2 4 relay button banger inspired prop controllers though I haven't a clue as to how to set it up yet my haunts have been pretty basic with step here animated props, few motion or noise spiders ect in a very simple backyard tarp maze. But little kids loved it and they ask every year if I'm going to do it again. I'll post pictures shortly. Thanks!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
To me, that thing sounds like more work than it's worth. The fact that the board is rusted out makes that thing almost worthless. If the rust isn't horrible, however, it may be worth taking some alcohol and trying to rub some of it off. The poor soldering job from beforehand, however, makes me wonder if the board fried itself our before all the rusting even began. Grab some printer servos I guess... XD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts