1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Ghouls Rule
2,589 Posts
I think thats the same one Target sold last year, dunno the price from Target last year but I did see the store model in a ladys cart. He looked just like my Boris but with hair. The hair was really thin and scraggly and is obviously thin as he was just an armature of plastic (for collapsing). The clothing appeared thin as well. I wasnt impressed unless he was got at a good deal. Im thinking the skelly with serving tray looks a bit more solid and more "imposing". Hes on my list this year.

·
Registered
123 Posts
(Sorry for a longwinded post....)

I got this figure last year from Target.

I like it but it's not perfect. He's not part of the classic 'Life-size Animated' line, (I'm 99% sure it's made by Gemmy--haven't looked at it since last H'ween) in that he is constructed differently. He doesnt pop up from the knees, but is on a platform you have to assemble yourself (pia imo but storage is easier--box is much smaller). He's much flimsier than the figures from that line. I agree with kittyvibe, the hair is scraggly, and his hat doesn't stay on well--the hair and the hat are one piece, and you could remove them if you don't like them--but it can be fastened on with some better velcro or whatnot. Not a big deal at all, but keep an eye on it if you let it run all night. And I think he looks fine scraggly, lol. I prefer my living dead to look...well...perhaps not too well-groomed :)

He is very tall, especially with the hat/hair on. Impressive figure in a room. The skull face is not a cheerful one but instead kinda decrepit-looking. It was scarier-looking than I'd anticipated.

He talks/moves his jaw, turns his head, red LED eyes light up, and his candelabra lights up while also projecting blue LEDs onto his face when he activates (the blue LEDs are mounted onto the backside of the candles to highlight his face; you can't see them from the front). The animation is fine--it's decent motion and there's not a lot of clacking of the teeth. BUT--> the audio is my main complaint. It's not clear enough and not loud enough. But I used him as a static figure.

One more thing, assuming it's the same this model year--the power line for it plugs into the back of the neck, and then there is *another* short wire you then have to plug into the back of the skull to connect the skull to the neck. If you don't do that, he'll talk and move is jaw and all that, but won't turn his head. Look for that little wire cuz it's very easy to miss.

I'm going to add a cloak, monacle, and cane and turn him into Dapper Death.

If anyone can teach me to hack his audio and make it better or change it, I'd be very grateful.... :)

Overall I give him a grade B.
Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts