Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
livin Halloween every day
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had another idea for my human jack o' lantern heads. I was wondering if there is anybody here that has a life cast that I could buy a foam filled or similar head from to use for this project? You can't get more life like than that. I need something creepy to resemble a cut off head turned into a jack O' lantern. I am working on the epoxie sculpt heads now and I will make them work if I have to, but I think the life cast idea would be very cool. Please contact me if interested or if you can help.

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
Always glad to help spend other peoples' money ;)

I plan on using their Daniel Radcliffe casting to create a new and better head for a OOAK Harry Potter prop made for a gigantic book signing here in IL. When the mall went out of business the sculpture was sent to a local consignment shop, where I purchased it. It was designed to hang 25' in the air so facial detail wasn't a priority at the time. Sadly, I have no way to hang it that high so I can't get by with the original painted foam mannequin face and feather boa hair.

A couple of things to note about Haunted Studios: when they talk about "lightweight resin" what they really mean is "Smooth-On plastic." Their older castings were a heavy and fragile plaster you could scratch with your fingernails so I consider the plastic to be a big improvement. Also, when purchasing individual castings, their prices on eBay are substantially higher than in their store, sometimes double or even more. However, they do sell trios of castings quite cheaply on eBay and not in the store, so if you're looking for bulk buys, go eBay. Otherwise, go store at the link above.

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
I would love to see a Dead Hollywood haunt using those lifecasts as either decorations or faces for mannequins.

BTW, life casts can be found on eBay, sometimes of less famous faces (and hands). Prices vary wildly based on seller and subject, but I'm sure there are some decent deals for patient haunters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts