Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure most of us have seen david blane stand in the middle of street and all of a sudden levitate into the air about 5 inches. Well I accidently found this online when looking for crazy ticks to do at fright fest this yer. It's some device that nakes you levitate. It's about $100 but for the effeect may be worth it. I'v purchased frome these guys a few time before and have never been dissatisifed with them. What do you guys think?
Elevator

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know, They don't tell you because they think you'll go try and make one on your own. T_T It has a good rating though.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,988 Posts
That is a great illusion and really the price isnt that bad if it really works like it says. I am just very skeptical of shelling out my dwindling funds unless i know for sure i am getting what i paid for.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,392 Posts
Do you want to know how they do it before shelling out $100? Google it or look on youtube. All you do is stand at an angel and you stand on one tippy toe while the other foot blocks the view of the foot you are standing on tippy toed. Unless this guy tells you he is giving you an actual device or product you shouldn't buy this, because most likely it will just be a dvd showing you how to stand on one tippy toe. :)

·
Shadow box dancer
1,392 Posts
I thought I had this video bookmarked or favorited. But, amazingly I didn't so I had to track it down. It is my favorite parody of this illusion. These kids need "THE ELEVATOR". :) To put this video in context you need to have seen David Blaine's Street Magic video where he levitates for a kid in the middle of the road. I laugh every time I watch this.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Eh i wouldn't waste your money. There is no self levitation on the market that isn't angle sensitive. & this one,yes they give you the main "gimmick" ,but you still have to go to your local hardware store & purchase a few things,
without revealing things,simply both items are home depot items that are cheaper than $100. your paying for the dvd & secret. If you are planning to do this in a crowd............ you would have to be able to do "crowd control" .
I've been a magician & illusionist study since i was 14, & unfortuntely the way they advertise this stuff & once you get it half the time doesn't end up as "easy" as the hype sells it as. The Elevator is a little "noisey" to operate,
yes can be done with or without shoes.........but ya gotta have long pants,no shorts......& the criss angel lev is a ripe off of Icarus lev,same thing with slit in back of pants leg & magnets in shoe instead of tape....
Unfortunetely a lot of this stuff now ends up on YouTube by kids that want to know how to do it,buy it & then badly expose it on youtube.Really takes the enjoyment out of doing these illusions without someone yelling
that they know how you are doing the trick.....gets annoying when your just trying to entertain people !

GDfreak,PM me & i can talk to you more about this & other lev's that may suit you better.& what type of stuff you wanted to do at a fright fest-DL

·
Registered
171 Posts
yeah, i have to agree, the video posted is of the Balduchi levitation effect, which is still good, but not very angle friendly, nor the trick GDfreak purchased.

I have also been interested in both stage and street magic for a long time, and have to say I imediately thought of the chris angel "pants" gimmick. I dont quite know how this ELEVATOR trick works, but all I know is there is no such thing as an angle friendly self levitation.
I am interested in how this works out for you though, so do post a vid of you once you have got it down:D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Didnt watch the video, but I have read about a trick called the elevator. The one i head of (and know how to do) is one where you hold a jacket or blanket over your shoes and then you levitate up. lol. But i do know the balducci, criss angel levitation. i practice magic tricks sometimes, so i incorporate some into halloween, such as "flying" a broom. people love that one! it makes you feel like harry potter, lol.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Actually, Ellusionist.com was getting ready to release a levitation effect that was NOT angle sensitive.... then they realized the potential for injury from the device. Do a search on youtube for "aliun levitation" to see it. the video says it has 120 degree angle safety, but there were talks on magic boards to be able to pull of 360 degree safety.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Aliun & Elevator are basically the same principle,Elevator uses a mech "reel" while the Aliun uses a co2 unit to operate the "floating" device....... ones noisey,the other is VERY dangerous.
There have been numerous designs that revolve around both of these principals, but no matter what, be angles or cost or safe, no one has come out with a non stage version yet that doesn't have some draw backs to it.
I would love to challenge "myth busters" to invent one that is cheap & convincing ! :eek:

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
THe illusion I posted isn't the "pants" illusion like on the video. I did see that one though when I googled. Better look for more stuff on this illusion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts