Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a post on here about how to make a levitating woman but I need more details on the mechanics. I've never set up a pulley system or used a motor in my props. Are more detailed instructions on this section available or is there an easier option for a similar effect?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I've seen a post on here about how to make a levitating woman but I need more details on the mechanics. I've never set up a pulley system or used a motor in my props. Are more detailed instructions on this section available or is there an easier option for a similar effect?
I can't really help with the illusion you are seeking. But I can say this, the only time I have had success in levitating a woman is when my wife sees the credit card bill showing my Halloween purchases! She gets a good three or more feet off the ground...:eek:

Eric

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to clarify: Are you talking about lifting a real person or a life-size dummy? Because that will certainly make a difference in how to approach this effect.
A life-sized dummy. I can figure out how to make the dummy nice and light and how to suspend her but I don't know how to make the dummy go up and down.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't really help with the illusion you are seeking. But I can say this, the only time I have had success in levitating a woman is when my wife sees the credit card bill showing my Halloween purchases! She gets a good three or more feet off the ground...:eek:

Eric
LOL! She must have known what she was getting into when she married you. ;) Or did you come to Halloween-ing after you said 'I do'?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Uh huh......thanks, but I'm a complete novice when it comes to motors and pulleys. The only animation I've incorporated are lights and sound.

I need a step-by-step right from which motor to buy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts