Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started making my own props can someone give suggestions for lettering on tombstones. Is there a way to make homemade stencils?

Thought about printing one out on the pc but not sure how that will translate after cutting it out then putting on tombstone and still keeping the lettering in tact.

Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
What are they made of? If they are styrofoam, then just cut into the foam with a knife.

·
Registered
310 Posts
For the lettering on my tombstones I create the letters on the computer using Powerpoint or Word. Usually the letters are so large that you have to use multiple pages for an entire word. Then I tape the paper to the tombstones on the top of the paper only. Take a pen and draw the outline of the letters - the pen will leave an impression in the tombstone which you can then darken with a marker. Taping only the top of the paper allows you to lift up the paper as you go along to make sure you can see the impression of all the details in the lettering. After all the outlines are done you can router the letters using a dremel or exacto knife. It is a time-consuming process but you can create tombstones that are 10 times better than anything you see in a store.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts