Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need to make a cemetery sign for my arch way but i always have problems with spacing, the letters start out ok, but then get bunched up at the end as I try to make everything fit. the space I'm working with is about 16-18 inches long and about 8 or 9 inches high. Any suggestions?

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
I create it in Word first. You can change the spacing of the fonts, determine size, etc. Then print it out and transfer it onto the piece you are working on.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,282 Posts
Something else that REALLY helps is printing out the letters, cut them out individually and pin/tape them onto whatever it is your going to be putting them on and rearrange them until the spacing looks good to you.

They don't have to be cut out precisely - I use scissors and just cut out generally around them.

Stand back from a distance once you've got them situated so you can see the whole effect, too. Spacing issues really jump out at you when you're not close up on it.

I do this with spray mount glue lightly sprayed (not heavy as it will cause foam to melt if too much on there) onto the backs and then I can peel them up and scoot them around endlessly. (and smooth them down really well so they stay put after I'm good with it). You can burn/cut through without the letters shifting. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts