Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I have only hit two Spirits-went later in the morning but got a few "essentials."
Posable Dummy
Ghost Swing
Rotating Mechanism
Freddy Tote Bag
Lighted Halloween Garland
Pumpkin Stencils Freddy vs Jason
Two bags of webs...one regular, one Glow in the Dark.

Lets see pics of everyones Hauls :)

IMG_0188.JPG
IMG_0187.JPG
IMG_0185.JPG IMG_0184-1.JPG

·
Registered
582 Posts
The only things we've gotten this year is one Pose-n-stay skeleton to replace the last Blucky in the display, and yesterday, I stopped over at Big Lots and they had some dragon skeletons that my wife said she wanted, so I bought a box, paid $40 and it turns out there were 2 dragons in the box, not just one. They were going for $80 each full price, so... I'll take it.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Stopped at Home Depot yesterday- and pretty much everything was gone. Picked up a fogger controller for $4.75.

May go to Big Lots tomorrow to see if there is anything left -but I really don't need anything. May check Dollar Tree for Halloween lollipops then as well.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I went to 9 different Spirit stores yesterday. I really wanted to get double trouble but didn't find any left. Also went to one halloween express store. I would have got the swinging decrepit doll but she was didn't work properly. I picked up 2 skull fence tea towels and a spiderweb tablecloth from world market.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discovered when I got home that the lady in back from Michaels is broken (right hand), but I will glue a flower or moss on her. She is still fabulous.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Axed Zombie! What an awesome prop. I was disappointed Spirit didn't have a static zombie this year.

Yesterday at Spirit I got: Nightmare Harvester, Looming Strawman, Crawling Dead, Fogging Skullpile and a number of smaller things for next years Toxic theme.

At Home Depot I got the Crouching Werewolf and two large blowmold gargoyles at 50% off and just today the Zombie Horse at 75% off (online).

At Target I got the Grandfather clock and 12' Flickering Blacklight Ghost for 50% off, but they shafted me on a fog machine that I thought was 50% off too.

At Halloween City I got the Nurse, Reaching Arm Tombstone, Owl, at 75% off, and a bunch of smaller things. Plus an old, pretty cool Gargoyle of uncertain provenance. IMG_20181102_211022.jpg

Attached a photo of some of the larger Spirit?Target things

·
Registered
403 Posts
I went to 3 spirit stores and 1 Halloween city and 2 party city stores friday. Only picked up 3 costumes and a bloody knife. I was going to purchase a crawling zombie and costume from Halloween city but they were only giving me 30% off the items. Even though all over the store it says 50% off costumes and decor and animatronics. So I didn't get them. I was looking for the upside down girl at party city but haven't found her. I just wish I could have gotten double trouble. Does anyone else feel compelled to buy animatronics they never wanted just bc of the 50% off. I feel like maybe I should have gotten michael myers even though I have never wanted even his mask in my house. He creeps me out so much. I guess its hard to say no to a good deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Pretty happy with my 50% off snags this year...

1.jpg
Harbinger of Hell
Nightmare Harvester

2.jpg
Skeleton Fortune Teller

3.jpg
A couple skeletons
Skeleton saw blade bat

4.jpg
6 tombstones
6 pairs of zombie hands (for my wood slat facade)
400 watt fogger
Skeleton ground breaker
Zombie light up stakes
Step pad and 2 try me buttons
Stapled mouth mask
Creepy fabric
Pirates hats for the skeletons on pirate ship

5.jpg
Home Accents Gargantuan Spider- My favorite find...got it used for 80 bucks after only being used one time this year

·
Registered
782 Posts
Make sure you check to see that Harbinger is complete and works. It is a 2015 prop (I think?), so was likely a return/demo. If it is NIB, awesome, but less likely. If it doesn't work you will want to contact Spirit ASAP. Although, at 50% off, its still a decent prop. I wouldn't even buy HD's Devil prop for $23 after Halloween this year, as it is a POS.

Harbinger is a prop I did not like initially, but bought last year or the year before (it actually had an extra hand in the box!) and is definitely an impact prop in the dark.

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got these 3 items plus a few small pumpkins and cloth, and small skull projector for 75% off. Also got some flashing strobe lights with soins. Clock was only $25! Tree $15. Peeking Ghoul $20.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Make sure you check to see that Harbinger is complete and works. It is a 2015 prop (I think?), so was likely a return/demo. If it is NIB, awesome, but less likely. If it doesn't work you will want to contact Spirit ASAP. Although, at 50% off, its still a decent prop. I wouldn't even buy HD's Devil prop for $23 after Halloween this year, as it is a POS.

Harbinger is a prop I did not like initially, but bought last year or the year before (it actually had an extra hand in the box!) and is definitely an impact prop in the dark.
Thanks RA! I'll definitely make sure to put Harbinger and Harvester together this weekend to make sure they are working before storing for the year. Great suggestion. I did not do that with the Electrified corpse and Cryo Chamber Corpse I got last year but I lucked out and they worked fine when I put them out this year. I saw alot of people suggest to put a red kaleidoscope light inside his cloak and it really makes him pop!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts