Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
My ol' girl. Articulated PVC frame with head and hands from some $20 hanging prop and then painted to more closely resemble the Evil Queen/Hag. The cauldron has a wiper motor to animate the stirring action. Piped fog in from behind the wall. Apple is a foam apple from Michael's painted w/GITD paint mixed with fabric glue

·
Registered
374 Posts
Here's my little witch scene from 2019. I had lots of other details I'd intended on adding, but the weather was not willing to cooperate for the entire week leading up. I intend on a similar display (with more accoutrements) much closer to the pathway leading up to the door next year.

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,528 Posts
Thanks Hearthfire! And great eye-sight about seeing the nun in the background. I got the nun from Mark Anthony. He does an incredible job. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
WOW! Some truly amazing witches here!!! I was planning on doing my own, using the Death Studios mask, but I don't think mine will be half as amazing as any of these offerings!!!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
WOW! Some truly amazing witches here!!! I was planning on doing my own, using the Death Studios mask, but I don't think mine will be half as amazing as any of these offerings!!!
If you have a great mask, you have a strong foundation. I'd suggest getting a pair of hands from D/S as well. They compliment the mask well and can really make the figure look cohesive. We make simple pvc armatures and then layer fabric over them. An old black dress from Good Will or even a cheap Halloween costume like a hooded robe type thing can be the first layer. Add creepy cloth, or burlap in layers to build it up and give it some texture and you'll have a really nice looking witch prop. What mask do you have from D/S?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Seeing all these witches is keeping my spirit up!! I just found some adorable witch figurines on Ebay and snagged them. C'mon October!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you have a great mask, you have a strong foundation. I'd suggest getting a pair of hands from D/S as well. They compliment the mask well and can really make the figure look cohesive. We make simple pvc armatures and then layer fabric over them. An old black dress from Good Will or even a cheap Halloween costume like a hooded robe type thing can be the first layer. Add creepy cloth, or burlap in layers to build it up and give it some texture and you'll have a really nice looking witch prop. What mask do you have from D/S?
The Swamp Witch. She's such a great sculpt, she just NEEDS to be made into a full prop!

Thanks for the tips! I snatch up creepy cloth by the armful every November 1st for prop-making and decorating!!

21 - 40 of 46 Posts