Halloween Forum banner

301 - 318 of 318 Posts

·
Moonlighter
2,593 Posts
Confessions from a craft thread lurker...I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the shrunken head projects you guys have created on here. I came across this thread late into the goings-on, pretty much after everyone was done, but had a blast following the progress. I laughed out loud, and applauded, and grinned...what great fun! Between this thread and the H.P. Mandrake thread, I was sorely tempted to try my hand at crafting something, though I'll admit I'm just terrible at it. Perhaps the next time Hilda starts a "Let's Make A........" thread, I might get brave and try to join in too. But I just wanted to give everyone here a great big cheer for your wonderful creations. So inspiring and so, so much fun to follow along with. Awesome job everyone! :D

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Spookywolf-- I hope Hilda does lead another project and I hope you do join in-- the more the merrier!
Also, if you have any inclination to make a Mandrake or shrunken head, there's no deadline. I think most of us will check back and would enjoy seeing more. Don't worry if you're not a pro crafter-- none of us are pro critics ;) We're all learning as we go.

I had this tab open too long before making my post. I didn't see the Acadian until now. He looks great! How did you attach his hair?

·
Registered
317 Posts
thanks spooky! :D

i feel he was a success. i freaked out my team lead, and made our boss look at me like this:: o_O;;;;;;;;;

the rest of my coworkers love him as much as i do.
one said i should make them to sell.
i don't know about that. i like the idea. Yobo's Tiki Hut? :p

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
Confessions from a craft thread lurker...I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the shrunken head projects you guys have created on here. I came across this thread late into the goings-on, pretty much after everyone was done, but had a blast following the progress. I laughed out loud, and applauded, and grinned...what great fun! Between this thread and the H.P. Mandrake thread, I was sorely tempted to try my hand at crafting something, though I'll admit I'm just terrible at it. Perhaps the next time Hilda starts a "Let's Make A........" thread, I might get brave and try to join in too. But I just wanted to give everyone here a great big cheer for your wonderful creations. So inspiring and so, so much fun to follow along with. Awesome job everyone! :D
This makes me happy HAPPY to hear! Thank you so much for following along.
And ooojen is absolutely correct. I was hoping these would be open threads, with people jumping in at any time!!
Also, I would like to do more projects threads. I loved these! However, going to have to wait until after Halloween for this year. I am super duper busy getting things ready for set up.

Thank you guys. You ALL rock!!!

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #310 ·
We've got another submission.
We've really got to talk laid-back poster curiosity-killed-the-fox to post in our group threads! :D
However, he does play along. So here is his fantastic shrunken head.

Wonderful job!!

fox head.jpg

PS. I am almost afraid to ask what the hair is. That looks real. :eek: hahaha

·
The Cackling Cauldron
1,320 Posts
We've got another submission.
We've really got to talk laid-back poster curiosity-killed-the-fox to post in our group threads! :D
However, he does play along. So here is his fantastic shrunken head.

Wonderful job!!

PS. I am almost afraid to ask what the hair is. That looks real. :eek: hahaha
I agree that hair is kind of disturbing and creepy. Well done!!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
OMG, i cant believe i missed so much and all this!!! im just getting back on, had a good friend i was helping this past year....YOU guys are off the wall nuts...in the best ways possible...haha oh rats, i can believe i missed this, everyones poor victims are awesome.........and missed a mandrake month........aggh. i gotta catch up. great work and comments were priceless. this was wonderful!!

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 ·
OMG, i cant believe i missed so much and all this!!! im just getting back on, had a good friend i was helping this past year....YOU guys are off the wall nuts...in the best ways possible...haha oh rats, i can believe i missed this, everyones poor victims are awesome.........and missed a mandrake month........aggh. i gotta catch up. great work and comments were priceless. this was wonderful!!
Well HELLO there! You didn't miss anything. This is not a monthly activity. This is an on-going event that anyone can join at any given time. Please join us and make a shrunken head or mandrake or BOTH!
I'll be starting up some more group projects in the downtime when the season is over.
So go ahead! Get crafting!! We'd love to follow along and see your creations!! :D

301 - 318 of 318 Posts