Started drawing out the cuts for the pillar caps. I went to walmart and purchased a round blank that measure 6 3/4 inch. Because the inside diameter of the pvc is 6" and outer wall is 6 1/2" cutting my outline on the inside will make the caps snug.
The caps will be 12" wide x 9" tall. Waiting on my hot knife to get here so I elminate as much mess as possible.
Good stuff! I have been working on props myself since November. Time is now to work on them and get them done early. My plan is to
be finished by Sept. Set them up and try a dry run to make sure everything is good. Then I can fix or tweak things so there will
be no issues come show time.
Finally 3 days off! Time to start gluing the foam so I can mount and shape it. I traced the outline so that when I glued, it would be easier to make sure my coverage area was enough. Note, I gave myself extra space to allow for any slight shift when I put on the faux roof.
I am using glidden gripper to create the bond. After research this seems to be the favorite by many foam freaks!
I'll allow it to dry overnight and tomorrow I'll begin more cuts. Weighted everything down, now let's watch paint dry....
Aged is what I'm aiming for, I am now going to glue the foam to the 3/4" plywood and then I'll fill the gaps and finishing shaping the archway. I'm off Thursday, Friday ,and Saturday. So I'll be up all night ready to work and hopefully paint Sunday morning.