Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So much for a yard display this year

8" of snow between last night and today. :mad: Guess I'll have to see what we can do inside the garage. :(

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,519 Posts
Wow! So sorry to hear that! I heard you guys out there were going to get snow but wow! Definitley use your garage. Any chance of it melting off i nthe next 5 days? Might be able to salvage some of it outdoors! Keeping a good thought for you friend. We all are at the mercy of the weather.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I saw that on the morning news this morning in Los Angeles. Ha! Think it'll still be there in 5 days? Maybe it will melt between now and then?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
we are usually in the same boat, last year was our first Halloween NOT having snow since I can remember! None yet, and keeping our fingers crossed! Hoping yours melts off for you!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just a thought. If I lived in a place where snow was a big risk on Halloween I would have a back up evil blizzard theme in the works. Make some creepy looking snowmen. Wolfman becomes more of an abominable snow man. Squirt some fake blood in the snow with body parts. Maybe even squirt some blood on a garbage bag and drag it across the snow to make it look like a fresh body had been drug through it. That's just a few stupid ideas off the top of my head. Not sure how it would work out, but I know I wouldn't let a little snow stop me. Good luck.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Wow....it's around 75 here today. I might get "really cold" here this weekend and be in the 50s.

·
Suburban Sorceress
753 Posts
I lived in Colorado for 20 years, so all I'll say to @spooky in CO is stay positive! It's such a unique climate - 8 inches of snow can be completely gone by Monday. Wasn't it in the 80s two days ago? I bet you have gorgeous fall weather come October 31st! Happy thoughts!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I was just telling a friend that the snow is causing havoc here. A branch fell ripping down my Axeworthy ghost. There goes 50/60 hours of work.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,610 Posts
Wow.

They're saying we might get a little snow here on Sat. & people are freaking out. As long as it's not windy on Monday, I don't care if there's snow on the ground on Sat.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I was just telling a friend that the snow is causing havoc here. A branch fell ripping down my Axeworthy ghost. There goes 50/60 hours of work.
Oh wow! That's heartbreaking! Can you get it up and running again?

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
Sorry for everyone in CO who got hit by snow, but hopefully it'll be gone in the next couple of days. My part of MN is due for snow tonight/tomorrow but daytime temps are supposed to get high enough to melt it quickly.

bamtunebam--really sorry to hear you lost your axeworthy. I know you probably can't get it put back up in time in any case, but is the mechanism OK or is it too damaged to repair?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Can you put the stuff on white painted plywood so people couldn't see the base so well? Or shovel out areas to make your own special rooms in the yard for each theme? Then spray the snow bank walls with fake blood. Snow would be nice to stick the fencing into so you don't have to pound into the hard soil. Grave poppers coming up out of the snow or bloody snowmen attacking. Just some ideas to throw together at the last min. Hope it really works out for you. I saw on the weather this morning they were mentioning another 5 inches for CO. Ouch!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Wow! Snow! ...and here I am worried about wind and light rain! :p

Good luck! Hope it turns out well for you!

Just a thought. If I lived in a place where snow was a big risk on Halloween I would have a back up evil blizzard theme in the works. Make some creepy looking snowmen. Wolfman becomes more of an abominable snow man. Squirt some fake blood in the snow with body parts. Maybe even squirt some blood on a garbage bag and drag it across the snow to make it look like a fresh body had been drug through it. That's just a few stupid ideas off the top of my head. Not sure how it would work out, but I know I wouldn't let a little snow stop me. Good luck.
^Those are all great ideas!!

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
I hate having to have a Plan B because of the weather. Sorry you guys got dumped on. If the snow is still around in any quantity I like trying to incorporate it somehow. Maybe have the kids build a snow fort and position skeletons manning it. Create a small haunted house facade out of snow and have ghost rising out of the chimney and windows. Create a white ghost pirates ship out of snow (or covered in snow) and do a pirates theme. I use to love building snow sculptures out of snow. Don't forget a snow pumpkin all lit up with Led lights. A witch's cauldron of snow with witch props standing around it. Should be easy to build some coffins out of snow. Heck snow is easier to carve than foam board. Snow ghost statutes are a natural. Before starting check your weather forecast though.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I'm in CO (Denver) as well and just looking out the window at the snow thinking "Please stop now". It's supposed to stop later tonight and get warmer through the weekend with 70 degrees on Monday so I'm sure the snow will be gone by then except for the mtns. My party is this Fri night and the weather is supposed to be 57 that day. I can only hope that it melts enough so I can do my cemetery. I'll remain hopeful. :eek:

·
Registered
339 Posts
"Oh the weather outside is frightful..." At least that line fits in with Halloween. Hope it melts by Monday. Maryland won't have it as bad as you New England folks. Yuck!!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Snow on Halloween !!!

Why is ther going to be snow on Halloween in New Jersey. I felt so bad for the others on this forum who live up north and are getting snow and now I will feel it first hand. Come on Mother Nature throw me a bone.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts