Halloween Forum banner

141 - 160 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Did a little web searching. The bird baths are called: Cremation Memorials.

After a little more searching I found this bird bath ~ this is the style we are going to create. I'd like to use crows instead of doves & need to come up with something written on base.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Those are really pretty! I've never seen a birdbath headstone before and I like it. Cool way to make the headstone functional in the environment.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Was worried you were going to be mad at me for posting about hunting. If you or anyone else on the forum want me to delete it I will.
This is your blog. If you can't feel free to express your feelings here, there's little reason for having a blog. Sure, most of it is delightful things full of color and whimsy, but I don't think the terms and agreements of posting here require that we all espouse to be Donny and Marie on Prozac. :) Not everyone has to agree with you, but everyone should respect your right to voice your own opinion in your own blog. If they disagree, they can begin their own blog and find a place where their voice can be heard by those wanting to hear it. We are thrilled that you think fox hunting is horrible and that dead things are wonderful.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Omg!!! One of my garden buddies knows me quite well & sent me this photo. Unfortunately I dont know who actually created this image but they deserve the credit. So if you know ~ please pass it on
Just curious... does saltwater and bucket water not have the same effect on witches of the green persuasion?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #145 (Edited)
Those are really pretty! I've never seen a birdbath headstone before and I like it. Cool way to make the headstone functional in the environment.
So true 🥰

We visit this Cemetery because a classmate of my children is buried here. She was only 16 at the time. She was very I'll all of her young life. The poor thing. Her grave (no photos) States: Step softly ~ A dream sleeps here.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #147 (Edited)
Edgar Allan Poe was the Gateway author to literacy for me. His books were easy for me to check out from the Library. After reading all of his stories - I started reading his poems. From there I started reading the various Introductions in the front of the paperbacks (some were very old 30s & 40s). Most of the Introductions were written by famous authors: Steven King & Neil Gaiman being 2 of the most famous. Steven King & Neil Gaiman absolutely love Poe so I started reading them. They both also like Lovecraft, Philip K Dick, Lord Dunsany, Harlan Ellison, etc. So I HAD to read those too.

I owe Poe a great deal. His writing saved me while growing up in rural Ohio. Most of the people around me were racists & complete assholes. A few of my family members were stupid & brutal but books were a safe haven

Poe's life was marked with tragedy & his death is still a mystery today. I'm not going to sugar coat it or try to whitewash it. Poe's parents were actors. Poe's father ditched them in Boston & his mom died when he was very young. He was adopted & taken to Richmond Va. His adopted mother loved him very much but his adopted dad had several affairs & Poe hated him. And that's just the beginning of his life. I could write a thesis on him.

"Ligeia" is my favorite story. I hope you enjoy it

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Ohhhhhhh look at what I found!!!! How fascinating

Groups of adjectives in Poe’s “Ligeia” and Baudelaire’s translation of them: a source-oriented approach

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
@Ladyfrog & @chubstuff
The foxglove seeds are ready. Do either of you want me to mail you some?
I would love a few. My wild growing foxglove are struggling to set seed, and the first one to grow did not return this year. Having a few to cross pollinate might be nice. If I haven't already, I will supply you with our address via the Conversation option. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Ohhhhhhh look at what I found!!!! How fascinating

Groups of adjectives in Poe’s “Ligeia” and Baudelaire’s translation of them: a source-oriented approach

I started reading it to Derrick, but he's walled me up into a basement niche with bricks. I would be furious, but he's promised me a great spot in the haunt this year if all goes well.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #154 (Edited)
Finally was able to go to dentist for tooth infection/ root canal.
Unfortunately my tooth can not be saved. I lost it because of Covid19.
I'm serious when I say "I lost my tooth because of Covid19"
  • If I could have had my regular scheduled checkup this would never have happened.
  • If my dentist office wasn't closed because of Covid19 - I could have quickly scheduled an emergency appointment MONTHS AGO
The amount of pain, suffering, dark circles under my eyes, the antibiotics gave me Diarrhea
& shear terror of getting Covid because of the tooth infection turned me into a monster.
All of that & I still lost my tooth. Now the tooth must be removed & I'm so f'ing angry because this should never have happened!! Want to know something even worse then loosing your tooth? My friend had a miscarriage because of this GD virus!!

So please wear your mask & treat people kindly.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
This is the reason I "liked" your blog entry. Not for all the pain and suffering you and others have had to endure because of Covid-19, but because your take-away was to be kind and responsible.
To be honest, I edited my original post. The unedited version said:
"Please wear your f'ing mask"

141 - 160 of 167 Posts