Halloween Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Chilling in bed reading a really cool book I picked up at the library.
I came across: "Aconitum", Monks Hood or aconites. It says: it is thought to derive their name from the Greek word "without struggle", referring to the quick death afforded by this plant's notorious toxicity.

This book is a feast for the eyes & an excellent read

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
Chilling in bed reading a really cool book I picked up at the library.
How fortunate you still have library access. Ours are all closed. I miss my pilgrimages to pick up DVDs and books. We live right behind the park where the library is located, and I enjoyed getting out to pick up treats when they came in. It's a small library, so most of what I get is actually brought in from other, larger libraries. What a joy libraries are, no matter their size. Even your tiny seed library would brighten my day to see it's open and accepting visitors.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
How fortunate you still have library access. Ours are all closed. I miss my pilgrimages to pick up DVDs and books. We live right behind the park where the library is located, and I enjoyed getting out to pick up treats when they came in. It's a small library, so most of what I get is actually brought in from other, larger libraries. What a joy libraries are, no matter their size. Even your tiny seed library would brighten my day to see it's open and accepting visitors.
Our libraries just closed 😣 They emailed saying keep the books & don't worry about fines.
I love libraries too. It's my go to place in winter. I usually check out dozens of garden books to keep me occupied. I'm really depressed right now & kid's school is canceled for rest of year.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Our local libraries are doing
The New York public library opened up their ebook collection to everyone You can now download over 300,000 books from the NYPL for free
Our local libraries are doing much the same. It's not quite the same when you stare at a computer screen and scroll instead of flipping pages, but it is so much better than nothing. Another nice thing they are doing is increasing the number of times you can use their streaming service to watch movies. There was a limit of ten a month, but they have raised that. Libraries are the best. Even when they can't be open to the community, they try to find ways to keep us connected to what we love about them.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Went to Home Depot to pick up wood & dirt for new raised garden bed but the line to get in store was very long. I understand why they are only letting 10 people in at a time but people can still transmit covid19 while in line.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts