Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
I want to thank you for contributing to Halloween Forum in so many ways, but especially here. On most threads, I enjoy reading about what interests folks without necessarily feeling a need to comment. A few threads find me actively contributing. We cross paths on the pumpkin growers thread and so many others.

However, this blog being an ongoing adventure makes me feel as if I would be ungrateful if I didn't say at least a simple thank you for the time you put into it. I enjoy your pictures, your thoughts, and your stories. I won't comment on any of it, because to me a blog is a personal journal that needs no review or commentary to be perfect just as it is. So, just this once I interrupt the flow of your blog to say thank you. Know your efforts are always enjoyed by one who from here on will return to the shadows to enjoy his visits.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I want to thank you for contributing to Halloween Forum in so many ways, but especially here. On most threads, I enjoy reading about what interests folks without necessarily feeling a need to comment. A few threads find me actively contributing. We cross paths on the pumpkin growers thread and so many others.

However, this blog being an ongoing adventure makes me feel as if I would be ungrateful if I didn't say at least a simple thank you for the time you put into it. I enjoy your pictures, your thoughts, and your stories. I won't comment on any of it, because to me a blog is a personal journal that needs no review or commentary to be perfect just as it is. So, just this once I interrupt the flow of your blog to say thank you. Know your efforts are always enjoyed by one who from here on will return to the shadows to enjoy his visits.
☠☠☠ Thank you so much.. we don't get a lot of visitors down here ☠☠☠

We went to Vyšehrad Cemetery in Prague last summer. Dvorak & Mucha are buried there

Attachments

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Gardens of the dead

It's a beautiful day to visit my favorite copper angle at a local cemetery. No matter how hard I try I can't capture her beauty. Her green patina is haunting, the expression on her face is lovely & her feathered wings look soft to the touch

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
She really is beautiful! The picture from below with the blue sky above is gorgeous.
Here's some pics of my seeds (and my helper Bandit). There are SO many old seeds to go through! The person who collected them really liked radishes as there are close to 20 different packets of radish seeds. I had success growing a few things but I mostly stuck to my newer seeds that I knew would have the best shot of growing. This year I have a small greenhouse so a lot more room for starting seeds.

Attachments

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
She really is beautiful! The picture from below with the blue sky above is gorgeous.
Here's some pics of my seeds (and my helper Bandit). There are SO many old seeds to go through! The person who collected them really liked radishes as there are close to 20 different packets of radish seeds. I had success growing a few things but I mostly stuck to my newer seeds that I knew would have the best shot of growing. This year I have a small greenhouse so a lot more room for starting seeds.

Wow! That's a very impressive seed stash🎃
🥰 Bandit is adorable 🥰

I'm experiencing a seedling problem that I've never dealt with before: " spider mite infestation" I think they came from my potting soil & they are wiping my seedlings out just when they start growing. I had to dump my lavender & thai Basil. Have you ever had this problem?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Wow! That's a very impressive seed stash🎃
🥰 Bandit is adorable 🥰

I'm experiencing a seedling problem that I've never dealt with before: " spider mite infestation" I think they came from my potting soil & they are wiping my seedlings out just when they start growing. I had to dump my lavender & thai Basil. Have you ever had this problem?
I'm not sure what spider mites are so I can't say for sure if I've ever had that problem! My biggest nemesis here is SLUGS. I'm debating buying a highly rated slug killer from Gurney's or just stick with copper barriers. I have used copper tape with great success on planters and just need to figure out a good way to make it work in other areas 🤔

·
Registered
545 Posts
Catacombs of the Capuchins

Date: October 1999
Place: Brno, Czech Republic
That looks so cool! You've really traveled the world. I haven't even been to Canada or Mexico 😆 but I did spend 3 years in Alaska as a kid. My dad was Air Force and that's the most interesting place we went 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'm not sure what spider mites are so I can't say for sure if I've ever had that problem! My biggest nemesis here is SLUGS. I'm debating buying a highly rated slug killer from Gurney's or just stick with copper barriers. I have used copper tape with great success on planters and just need to figure out a good way to make it work in other areas 🤔
Spider mites are a pain in the ass! I've never had them before & I've got no clue where they came from. How To Get Rid Of Spider Mites On Houseplants, For Good!

If you've got slugs ~ you need Sluggo. It's safe for kids & pets. I've been using it for years & have never had a problem SLUGGO Non-Toxic SLUG and SNAIL CONTROL FACT SHEET

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
That looks so cool! You've really traveled the world. I haven't even been to Canada or Mexico 😆 but I did spend 3 years in Alaska as a kid. My dad was Air Force and that's the most interesting place we went 🤷‍♀️
Where in Alaska did you live? I've never been but have been told its beautiful.

Jewelry & McMansions can't tame this traveling soul. I'd rather do over 105 kilometers on the autobahn.

Do me a favor & go see the pyramids in Mexico. There is nothing like them in the world, the people are wonderful & I've never had a problem

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Where in Alaska did you live? I've never been but have been told its beautiful.

Jewelry & McMansions can't tame this traveling soul. I'd rather do over 105 kilometers on the autobahn.

Do me a favor & go see the pyramids in Mexico. There is nothing like them in the world, the people are wonderful & I've never had a problem
We were in Anchorage. I don't know if it's different now but back in the 80s there weren't many roads so you had to charter a flight to go most places. Ironically, my dad the AF pilot never did that. We did drive up to Fairbanks once and that was really pretty plus you get to go through North Pole which is Christmas every day. Another time we drove to a state park and saw a glacier. That was really beautiful and breath-taking.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
We were in Anchorage. I don't know if it's different now but back in the 80s there weren't many roads so you had to charter a flight to go most places. Ironically, my dad the AF pilot never did that. We did drive up to Fairbanks once and that was really pretty plus you get to go through North Pole which is Christmas every day. Another time we drove to a state park and saw a glacier. That was really beautiful and breath-taking.
Everything you described is astounding. There are no words ...

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Gardens of the dead

It's a cold & blustery day but we still decided to go visit my absolutely favorite angel in Old Town Alexandria. She is magnificent with massive wings. I get angry that the city doesn't protect & clean her.

Attachments

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
2020 seed starting has been rough. I'm dealing with fungus gnats & spider mites. I'm pretty sure the bugs came from the potting soil. I've tossed several plants because of infestation.
On the bright side: there's a baby cucumber, the lavender is thriving, 3 healthy Black cherry tomatoes, lots of Crown of Thorns (gourds) & 3 Jack B'Littles

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
I haven't started any seeds yet due to catching the crud last week but I did get some pics of the first harbingers of spring - cherry blossoms! I find it so interesting that the cherry tree puts out flowers before leaves in the spring. We had just had a brief hail and rain shower so that made these pics turn out extra sparkly.

Attachments

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I haven't started any seeds yet due to catching the crud last week but I did get some pics of the first harbingers of spring - cherry blossoms! I find it so interesting that the cherry tree puts out flowers before leaves in the spring. We had just had a brief hail and rain shower so that made these pics turn out extra sparkly.

My poem to a Cherry tree ~ also titled "A not so good haiku"
____
Winds call
Petals fall
Feet stall
_

"flowers before leaves" is a beautiful sentiment!

Does it hail a lot where you live? It doesn't hail here often but when it does - we have tornadoes

·
Registered
545 Posts
My poem to a Cherry tree ~ also titled "A not so good haiku"
____
Winds call
Petals fall
Feet stall
_

"flowers before leaves" is a beautiful sentiment!

Does it hail a lot where you live? It doesn't hail here often but when it does - we have tornadoes
I used to live in Texas where they get REAL hail 😂 We get barely pea sized hail in Washington. The last two days we've had quite a few short hail showers here on the coast as some colder, wetter air has moved in.

I like your Haiku - you are more of a poet than I am!

21 - 40 of 72 Posts