Halloween Forum banner
281 - 300 of 327 Posts

· Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
Over the winter break, hubby & I built an enclosure -aka- squirrel & chipmunk deterrent for the top of the coldframe. It's made out of PVC, Plastic Poultry Fencing & Zip ties.
It was fun to build & didn't take a lot of time. It's super light & weighs less then 2lbs.
I'm thrilled with our results.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
My daughter's teachers have been very stressed out so I decided to make them little bouquets of dried herbs. I can't imagine what they are going through right now. I hope a little Aromatherapy helps them w/their day

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
We dropped off the Sunflowers at Sarah's this afternoon. The vase was very heavy so carried it inside. Her mom loved the flowers but I was so choked up ~ I couldn't say anything. I decided it was best to let my daughter & Sarah's mom to talk alone.

~~~ I literally ran away ~~~

I'm not kidding I ran away, I couldn't bare the pain

· Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
You know you raised your teenager right when they text you photos of something in the garbage & know you can fix it.
Case in point: my daughter was on her way to school bus when she saw this filthy, little marble table in garbage. She texted me photos & I dashed down the street to grab it before garbage truck arrived.
It was dirty but simply needed cleaned & a fresh coat of white paint. The marble is beautifully beveled & weighs 40lbs.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 · (Edited)
We absolutely love: Flea Markets, yard sales, etc. Unfortunately covid ruined most of that so we started searching FB Market Place. That's where we finally found the perfect replacement door for basement. We drove to Baltimore & pickedit up. (The seller was amazing!!)
The door fit perfectly but we needed to switch hinges, install door knob (bought at yard sale in 2018) & cat portal. It looks amazing. We still need to clean glass & do touch ups but we're super happy.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 · (Edited)
We finally found a Waterproof LED light that can be submerged in the GR Fountain of Mortals at "Five & Below". It' changes color & fits perfectly pluse you can't see it inside the basin. Oh.. I also added a 🐸. He's originally suppose to be on a flower pot.

-- spelling error

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 · (Edited)
Today it snowed, sleeted, the sun came out & then we were pelted w/freezing rain.
Nights temps are dropping below 30!!!
(Mother Nature has gone insane & taken me with her)
Because of the weather I decided to bring all of the carrot pots inside. They are heavy but I didn't want them to freeze.

It's OK I know I'm crazy

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
My addiction to Antique German Die Cuts are getting worse. I just scored 2 new kitties & a witch.
These were made in Germany between 1920 - 1930. They are made of a thick card stock & are heavily embossed.

Attachments

281 - 300 of 327 Posts