Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Haunters, I am asking for any and all input on this subject. Over the years I have come across these types of pictures and even got a great deal early this year on a few. BUT....They are always mounted on these damn awful plastic frames.

So has anyone ever been able to repurpose these without tearing the crap out of them ? I have tried some standard things but they just don't survive. I am thinking of trying to frame over the plastic.

Let me know what you think

Hairstyle Eyebrow Picture frame Sleeve Eyelash

Photograph Picture frame Black Art Snapshot

·
Sleep with one eye open
Ghosts in Old Dark Houses
607 Posts
Hello Haunters, I am asking for any and all input on this subject. Over the years I have come across these types of pictures and even got a great deal early this year on a few. BUT....They are always mounted on these damn awful plastic frames.

So has anyone ever been able to repurpose these without tearing the crap out of them ? I have tried some standard things but they just don't survive. I am thinking of trying to frame over the plastic.

Let me know what you think

View attachment 752802

View attachment 752803
Hi Woodsy ,
I use these every Halloween . They are usually only glued in the center and can be removed from the plastic frames easily . If they are glued very well I cut them out of the frames with scissors . Sometimes I repaint the plastic frames and add extra embellishments but mostly mount them inside new frames . There are pictures of them in my HF gallery .
Tom

·
Registered
136 Posts
If I can't peel them off the plastic, I just cut them out and reframe them in old frames found at thrift stores or flea markets.

I've repainted the plastic frames as well. I went over the whole thing with matte black, and then dry brushed over with a bronze metallic to bring out the designs on the frames.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts