Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mansion laid abandon for years. No body knows why it was abandoned but theres always the stories. A wealthy family used to live there, A father and Mother, and their two sons Christian 23 and Jack 18. The story goes that the family loved Christmas and it was their favorite holiday. They always decorated to the extreme with lavish trees driping in gold and silver with the finest candles imported from germany. Yes, Christmas was their favorite holiday...that is, except Jack's. Jack loved Halloween much more than Christmas. Jack HATED Christmas because his family completly dissregarded Halloween and just did Christmas. But what he really hated was that department stores took for ever to put out halloween decorations but yet it seemed that Christmas decorations werre out before Halloween!!:mad: Jack was aloud to decorate for Halloween but not much. Some pumpkins here and there, a few tombstones constructed out of wood, and a coffin he made. Everything happend one Christmas eve. Jack refused to take part in any of the festivaties that night like usual. This time his brother tried to talk to him but the conversation turned into and argument which lead to Christian throwing Jacks halloween decorations into the fire. Jack was enraged. The next morning when the cousins came over for Christmas morning, the entire family had vanished. Dust sheets laid over the furniture and the great tree stood completley burned in it's place. There was no sign of the family any where and detectives were never able to find any evidence of where they went. The only intersting thing they found was in Jack's room. There, on a side table, was a slightly rotted jack-o-lantern surounded with melted black candles.

Lengened has it that the rest of the family is gone but jack is still there as what he alwys wanted to be... a ghost. Every Halloween theres a jack-o-lantern on the steps of the crumbling mansion. Wether it's a prankster or really Jack decorating, no one knows. It's also said that every christmas eve a orange glow is seen coming from the cracks of the boarded up windows of Jack's old room.

On my way back from late night shoping at the mall I had to pass the Mansion on my way home. As I passed I looked at the house and was supprised to see there was a glow coming from where Jack's room was supposed to be. Out of curiosty I parked my car at the gates and walked up the long drive way to the mansion to get a closer look. I saw that the front doors were not borded up and when I turned the handle the door opened. I took my camera out of my pocket ready to get some cool pictures of inside. The furniture was covered and in the back was a black burn spot on the wood floor. Is this where the tree was? I carefuly made my way up the grand stair case and walked down a long hall way. From a closed door came and orange glow from a crack in the bottom. My hand was shaking as I turned the brass handle of the door. I couldn't belive it. Was this some bored prankster doing this. There in Jack's room was a Christmas Tree. But not a normal Christmas tree, it was Jack's version a Christmas tree. The tree was covered in orange and purple lights. Black and orange ornaments hung from the tree and cobwebs covered it as if the tree had been there for ever. Black roses were stuck in the tree and branches sprang out of the tree like claws. And there, on the top of the tree was a jack-o-lantern. Black Stockings were on the wall and a strange looking wreath was there too. A makeshift garland of vines hung above the window with red lights that wrapped around a Knight of Armor in the corner. Under the tree, it looked like Sandy Claws had left gifts of pumpkins and a doll. I quickly took pictures and got out fast. When I looked at the pictures, I noticed that I wasn't the only one in the room.

Tree: Already had
Orange lights: Alredy Had
Purple Lights: 2.69 at Target
Flicker Lights: 24.99 at Christmas Store
Black ornaments: 4.99 at hobby lobby
Orange Ornaments: 4.99 at hobby lobby
Roses: Already Had
Branches: Back Yard
Jewls: 6.99 at hobby lobby
Cobwebs: left over from halloween
Black socks: mine
Candy Canes: 2.00 at Grocery store
Jack-o-lanterns: had
Tombstones: MAde this year for Halloween
Doll: had
LED Candle: 14.99 target
Blaack trim santa Hats: Christmas Store
Black Wreath: I made it. total for wreath was 5.00
Red Bow: .50
Vines: back yard
Red Lights: had
Blue Light Bulb: 2.00
Jack Lights: 9.00

Total Costs: 60.14

And now Pictures!!! :D

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
I was sitting in a completely quiet house reading the lead up story, I got to the part where you were opening the door to Jack's room, and my cat jumped onto the furniture making an unexpected noise. I actually jumped out of my seat. Good story. The tree and everything else looks great. Good job.

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
GDFREAK ! -
Wicked Cool !

I absolute LOVE YOUR STORY AND THE PHOTO'S you have done a sensational prsentation !
I am soooo tickled for you !
But then again, I should not even act surprised. You are usually right on, when it comes to posting anything on the forum. Even tho you are
young ish... you present such wonderful ideas and comments that makes you soooooo well respected on this forum. I ljust love it ! And so glad to see this entry ! Ah.....scary, and creepy. Yes most excellent.

I like the extra photo's too. the ones you photoshoped and the ones in of your other decor. Really nice GDfreak.

GOOD LUCK !!!!

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GDFREAK ! -
Wicked Cool !

I absolute LOVE YOUR STORY AND THE PHOTO'S you have done a sensational prsentation !
I am soooo tickled for you !
But then again, I should not even act surprised. You are usually right on, when it comes to posting anything on the forum. Even tho you are
young ish... you present such wonderful ideas and comments that makes you soooooo well respected on this forum. I ljust love it ! And so glad to see this entry ! Ah.....scary, and creepy. Yes most excellent.

I like the extra photo's too. the ones you photoshoped and the ones in of your other decor. Really nice GDfreak.

GOOD LUCK !!!!

Thanks alot!! :) Actually none of my pics are photo shoped. The Ghost pics were done by setting my camera on the tv, turing off the flash, and putting on the timer. the one with the white mist was done by waving toilet paper around and the other two with the full figure was me in a cloak walking by the camera fast. After all the rules said no photo shop sou I found other much easier ways.

·
Registered
170 Posts
that newspaper about the 75,000 new job loses is the scariest thing i have ever seen. Oh did I mention awesome job. I wish I would have had time to enter maybe I will just make something for the fun of it.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
hey gd, me and meeps pm'd our entry to larry, then when we saw you posted yours here we did too. i just touched base with toetag, who entered last time, and he said he pm'd it last time. but he said when he saw us post here, he did too. maybe for chances you should pm yours to larry also. confused. lol

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey gd, me and meeps pm'd our entry to larry, then when we saw you posted yours here we did too. i just touched base with toetag, who entered last time, and he said he pm'd it last time. but he said when he saw us post here, he did too. maybe for chances you should pm yours to larry also. confused. lol
mkay will do. I didn't really know what to do. :confused: thanks for the heads up though!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Great Story, Tree and other things are just as described in It. Jack's ghost is way cool. Good job, and good luck with Your entry.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts