Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Shut. Up.

So which retailers is carrying these now? I need to know who to give all my money to. :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Bump Codes? Cool. I'm one of those that will fondle all the packages trying to find the ones that I want. Bump codes will make it much easier (though less fun). Thank you!

As a AFOL and Minifigure collector, I have gone crazy waiting for these to be released!!! This is an awesome set and will go nicely with my Lego Monster Fighters sets that I build for Halloween. :)

For those that don't know, each minifigure has a specific unique "bump code" which is imprinted (sometimes faintly) on the back bottom of the package. If you know the bump codes, you can determine which figure is in the blind package. This helps you find a specific minifigure.

I haven't seen the bump code key for this series 14 yet, but can post it when I find one if anyone is interested (or just google search "lego minifigures series 14 bump codes".

·
Registered
251 Posts
Shut. Up.

So which retailers is carrying these now? I need to know who to give all my money to. :)
From what I've read online, Target, Walgreens, WalMart and the Lego Store (if you are near one). They go very fast. They are sold out at lego online, but you can keep checking as their inventory goes in and out.

·
Registered
251 Posts
They look great. Anyone know if these are in the shops in the UK? If so, release date? I do love Lego mini figures.
Do you have a WH Smith, Argos or Toyland near you? I've read that some have found them there.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Another "Feeler's Guide" with pictures:

https://gnaat.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/serie_14_lego_guide_by_gnaat2.pdf

If you notice on the left side of each minifigure picture, it will tell you how many of that figure is in each unopened box (i.e. "3 in one box"). If you're lucky enough to find an unopened box on the shelf, you can find all 16 with a little bit of fondling and time.

Here is the youtube video that was referred to in an above post. She opens each figure and shows you what to feel for and the bump codes, but these codes aren't always reliable so double-check with a feel. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqlDugnjoWs

Happy Hunting! :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just got back from the Lego store, where I and a charming stranger spent quite a bit of time fondling every package. I got the whole set ! WooHoo! And managed it with only 2 dupes. I can't take credit though, the other guy was really good. Looks like the rare one is the spider woman. There were only two in the box. There were a lot of the pirate...

·
Registered
414 Posts
*sigh* spoke to another employee at my local toy store and she said they have them ordered but no idea when they're going to be in. The woman I normally talk to is the owner and she had already gone home for the day. My girls were disappointed.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I love Legos, I have the enitre Modular Buldings line that I've decked out to be Halloween related, and I'd love to add these characters!
I'd love to see a pic if you have one. I have most of the modulars except the first couple....they are out of my price range. Love Lego and I now have my grandson hooked on them :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Lego's Scooby Doo line looks really good too. They have some of the classic monsters from the original cartoon. I picked up the mansion set yesterday and it is really amazing how much Lego has changed over the years. Remember when we were little and it was all just square and rectangular blocks? The mansion has clear windows, a greenhouse with a tilting roof, a scooter with a sidecar... and the Audrey plant looks fantastic.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Lego's Scooby Doo line looks really good too. They have some of the classic monsters from the original cartoon. I picked up the mansion set yesterday and it is really amazing how much Lego has changed over the years. Remember when we were little and it was all just square and rectangular blocks? The mansion has clear windows, a greenhouse with a tilting roof, a scooter with a sidecar... and the Audrey plant looks fantastic.
I purchased all of the Scooby Doo sets, but have only built the Mystery Plane. Did you know that Velma only appears in the Mystery Mansion and Fred only appears in the Mystery Machine? :(

The Mystery Machine is the most popular and sells out very quickly! I managed to snag two of the Mystery Machine, Mystery Plane and Mystery Mansion. I will build and display one set and keep the other.

I agree that the ingenuity of Lego sets today is amazing compared to what I grew up with. I'm a 50-something female and grew up with only those red/white/blue bricks with a couple of windows and wheels! But, we really used our imagination with those sets. My kids just build the sets the way there are designed. I just can't get them as interested in Lego as I am. They think I'm weird. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
449 Posts
These are definitely a hot item right now. The Lego Store by us had 2 full boxes available a week ago Friday, and yesterday when we went again they were sold out. Thanks for the tip about Walgreens - we'll try there.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts