Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after seeing many versions of the leering skeleton, I just couldn't wait to build my own, well I finally got started … so Ive seen em on columns and on toomb stones. Well I decided I'd put mine on a coffin, I used some scrap 1in tube I had and built the frame for the coffin (I'll cover it with foam next) , I've also been saving a rear wiper motor, a rear wiper will usually have an auto reversing circuit in it. This keeps from having to change direction by other means. I added a PWM to control the speed and well here's what I got so far…
The speed still isn't tuned just right have to wait till I get it covered with foam so I can get the friction worked out.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Awesome!

I think if you slowed him down, he might look even creepier.

Really cool though, can you show us a pic or video of the mechanism?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome!

I think if you slowed him down, he might look even creepier.

Really cool though, can you show us a pic or video of the mechanism?
I'll be slowing him down more once I get the coffin foamed over, here's a pic showing the wiper motor I'll try and take a video of the detail of the mech
image.jpg

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking good! Curiousity is killing me though, what vehicle did that wiper motor come out of? The shaft tower is huge compared to most rear wiper motors!
I'm really not sure, the last time I had mine in the shop I saw a crumpled up hatch so I asked the guy if I could pull the motor out for five bucks, he said yes, been sitting on it for about a year

·
Registered
436 Posts
Looks awesome. I have been wanting to make one of these for the past few years. Maybe I will make one this year? Is there any way to shorten his range of motion? He looks like he is going just a little too far to me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks awesome. I have been wanting to make one of these for the past few years. Maybe I will make one this year? Is there any way to shorten his range of motion? He looks like he is going just a little too far to me.
Not with the direct drive set up, if you use a standard motor and use a linkage drive you can, or maybe if you used a sprocket system. I wanted the easiest hook up which was direct drive with auto switching motor.

·
A 1 man army of darkness
2,586 Posts
I'm really not sure, the last time I had mine in the shop I saw a crumpled up hatch so I asked the guy if I could pull the motor out for five bucks, he said yes, been sitting on it for about a year

Lol! I got mine from a similar situation, except that it was still recognizable as a CRX (a back half'ed parts car we were robbing the rear suspension out of for a Frankenstein project 78' Mini Cooper S, that came to us as a disintegrating basket case of rust). 380 hp in a widened & stretched tube framed mini is an awesome thing on track days. Scary, but awesome. :D

I've been sitting on that wiper motor for about 10 years, and figured out what I want to do with it. It's just that no one will sell me their old rusty shovel! :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts