Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Haunters,

Just wondering if anyone has purchased one of these LED Spotlights from Walmart? We are looking at replacing our floodlights with these more energy efficient lights, but I am concerned if they will be bright enough. The are listed as having 200 lumens. I like that they have interchangeable colors too. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,927 Posts
I was looking for those at Walmart today! What dept did you find them in? I looked with the landscape lighting and didn't see any. Last year I used colored florescent bulbs in portable stakes and put a clear plastic jar over them to keep rain off. I hid them behind tombstones, but the light was so bright it was overpowering and nearly undirectable. I wanted to go to these LEDs this year to highlight my main pieces instead of the "landing beacons" I used last year. I'm really interested in opinions on these too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found them in the garden centre. We are near the end of our season so I don't think they will be available for much longer. They were $14.87 each which I thought was a bargain compared to other led spotlights I have seen.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I picked up a version of this last year at Walgreen's on christmas clearance. I wasn't very impressed. The light output is nowhere near a regular light bulb even. The colored "gels" didnt really work, and made it even dimmer. It might be good for indoor displays or lighting a small prop, but not bright enough to light up a large area. I returned mine, but IDK, mabye it will serve you some weird sepcific purpose!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I bought the colored LEDs at spirit last year and they are very bright. Definitely spots and not flood or wall washers. Described pretty accurately on Euclidboo.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I bought a few of those at Lowe's last year. They came out with the Christmas stuff in the beginning of October last year. Might work for you if you're looking to highlight a small area. Like whodudis said they won't light up your whole yard but were O.K. for a prop or two.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ill chime in also as i got two of these last year from Walgreen also for around 15 bucks each. without the plastic "gel" its very dim and one of them only made it two weeks before it quit.

i use 85% led in my yard (only use a tube black light and a couple compact black light bulbs) and i wont be using that light anywhere. one good use might be if you want to light up a entrance sign or something small.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts