Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
The Minister of Macabre
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get those small LED Pin Spot Lights? The are very bright but to not flood the rest of the room with light, only the spot you wish to light. Also, the are very small and easy to hide. I've seen these in many Haunts last year, but I can't find where to get them...

·
Registered
797 Posts
Otaku,
I'm going to have to build a few of these this year. They look fairly easy to build. I'll have a few questions for you down the road. I'm working on other projects right now.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
You could ask the salesman when you go to buy the LEDs what size resistors you would need?

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
How will I know if I have the appropriate resistor???
You need to know the forward voltage and the current draw of the LED. Plug the values into this wizard:
LED series parallel array wizard
and it'll show you how to wire the array. If you're using a wall wart instead of a 9 volt battery, just be sure that the wart has enough current to power all the LEDs in the array. In some cases I didn't use a resistor at all - if the forward voltage was close to 3VDC and I was using 3 of them, I just wired them in series to the battery snap. It's a little rough on the LEDs but I haven't had a failure yet.

·
The Minister of Macabre
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 2nd site is better to order from. They have everything you need to set up including power supplies. Thanks again!

·
Registered
450 Posts
pin spot

Hi,

I have two purple pin spots I bought form a local light and sound guy. I found similar online: and the purple filters. They are pretty small. and can shine across the yard. Look at the pic on Skull and Bones site where they show that purple pin spots are great for highlighting detail or a small figure.

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
Can you take low voltage landscape lights and replace the bulbs?....

has anyone here done that?
Scatterbrains, I have some low voltage LED spotlights I bought at BJ's that light up in a choice of 3 colors--red, white or green (3 LEDs per color). I wanted to have red, white and blue for July 4th. So I took 3 of them and swapped the green LEDs with blue ones. Worked like a charm.
I bought the blue LEDs in bulk off of e-bay.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Scatterbrains, I have some low voltage LED spotlights I bought at BJ's that light up in a choice of 3 colors--red, white or green (3 LEDs per color). I wanted to have red, white and blue for July 4th. So I took 3 of them and swapped the green LEDs with blue ones. Worked like a charm.
I bought the blue LEDs in bulk off of e-bay.
Cool, I can buy the lights under the guise of "landscape lighting" :D

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
A few years ago I made several 9-volt LED spotlights of my own using PVC and two LEDs per light. I've always used a 330 ohm resistor in the circuit when using two LEDs and have never had a problem.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts