Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I am looking for some advice on creating some mini spotlights. I think I have settled on 23mm eagle eye led's but for power was wondering if anyone had ever used a power supply such as this:

Link in second post

I was thinking I could use this as well as pigtail connectors like this to manage the cables.

Link in second post

I have seen the multiple forums using pvc to make the housing and that is my plan as of now.
Any feedback or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
While you may find that the number of eagle eyes you use is enough to mitigate their ability to heat up when pushed at the 12 volts they're rated for, I swapped down to a 9 volt power source to keep the lights running cooler.

There's a lot I don't understand about electricity, and I had a discussion a while back with those who knew far more about it, but I found that for what we're doing with eagle eyes, staying at the lower voltage didn't degrade the light output appreciably and kept them safely cool enough not to melt their casing.

If you're totally savvy about electricity, the discussion I had won't be of any news, but just in case you get confused by a bit of it, https://www.halloweenforum.com/threads/a-new-approach-to-lighting-tombstones-for-us.201299/#post-2500449 is where the discussion took place.

What I thought was interesting is that even those whose knowledge I trust were confused by the way eagle eyes are portrayed. The advertisements would often state they were 9w. In reality they were actually saying they gave off as much light as a 9w incandescent at less than 1w of actual consumed power. That had the discussion going around in circles for a time until everyone figured it out. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts