Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I invest in a few of these? They are NOT fluorescent; we've been disappointed in the past with incandescent Black Lights. Any of you have any experience with these?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are you talking about the led spotlights that have like 3 LEDs all build into one housing? I bought one from biglots and to me it's too bright and doesn't make things glow.

·
Registered
458 Posts
http://glowinc.com/glow-in-the-dark/black-light.aspx

Scroll down about half way for the LED section. It looks like you want to look for the specs on your specific light. If the wave length is not 365 nm, I wouldn't buy it. I have never used LEDs for black light but would be interested if anybody has some good recommendations on some.

·
Registered
394 Posts
My experience with blacklight leds has been hit or miss - I have one flashlight that works well, but other leds I've tried don't seem to output the right wavelength. It doesn't help that companies call any purple light at all a blacklight. If you're talking about the spirit spotlight, from what I've seen at the stores the output seems flaky. A flourescent tube is a better bet, and cheaper as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Problem I have found with LEDs is that the frequency will change after use and go beyond expected tolerances. For UV go florescent. I use the “American DJ UVPANELHP” and recommend these. You can use them on the ground or they can be flown. For a spot, I have “been told” their “ADJUVCANON” works just as good. However something like this you would most likely want to fly mount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts