Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I invest in a few of these? They are NOT fluorescent; we've been disappointed in the past with incandescent Black Lights. Any of you have any experience with these?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are you talking about the led spotlights that have like 3 LEDs all build into one housing? I bought one from biglots and to me it's too bright and doesn't make things glow.

·
Registered
394 Posts
My experience with blacklight leds has been hit or miss - I have one flashlight that works well, but other leds I've tried don't seem to output the right wavelength. It doesn't help that companies call any purple light at all a blacklight. If you're talking about the spirit spotlight, from what I've seen at the stores the output seems flaky. A flourescent tube is a better bet, and cheaper as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Problem I have found with LEDs is that the frequency will change after use and go beyond expected tolerances. For UV go florescent. I use the “American DJ UVPANELHP” and recommend these. You can use them on the ground or they can be flown. For a spot, I have “been told” their “ADJUVCANON” works just as good. However something like this you would most likely want to fly mount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts