Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Haunting Girl
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So every year I see pictures of people decorating with those giant fuzzy spiders. I always wonder how they do in the rain and sun since it looks like they get left out all season. I have a few of my own, but I'm always scared to leave them out when it rains. I can't imagine that people are taking down almost entire displays every time someone says rain, but at the same time I wonder if it is really okay to leave them out there.
I would really like to hang some spiders on my roof and around my dormer window, but I also know they are calling for rain next week. It's going to be really hard to get them set up and I'd rather only do it once.
Anyone else leave fuzzy/furry things out in the rain? How did they do?

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, each season prior to setting them up, I spray each of my "fuzzies" with a liberal coating of Scotchgard. Seems to work pretty well and they are only out there for 2-3 weeks in exterior conditions. I don't know if it really helps, but it makes me feel better about the whole process.

·
Registered
41 Posts

I have had mine for about 10 years- still look great- have about 4 more to put up- put a nice strobe light on them for those walking up to the house- have a small graveyard with a professional fog machine in front but the big stuff is 4 Atmosfearfx DVD's running in 3 windows and 1 on the font lawn

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's not the fuzzy I worry about, it's the stuffing inside that can absorb and hold water then get moldy and smelly. My spiders don't seem to have stuffing - there's a more rigid filling in the body - so I put them out without worry. They've been through a few rainstorms but don't seem any worse for the wear.

Besides, the truly destructive force of nature is the sun. The sun is what we must fear.

·
Registered
460 Posts
It's not the fuzzy I worry about, it's the stuffing inside that can absorb and hold water then get moldy and smelly. My spiders don't seem to have stuffing - there's a more rigid filling in the body - so I put them out without worry. They've been through a few rainstorms but don't seem any worse for the wear.

Besides, the truly destructive force of nature is the sun. The sun is what we must fear.
Hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts